Re: Total Svennis...
I can't sleep, a zillion things buzzing around my head, only a few of them related to Hendon. Anyway, to answer an unasked question, I was wondering how many times in 2019 we've held a half-time advantage in the league and not gone on to win the game. The answer is (I think) 9.
1. H v Kings Langley: 1-0 HT, 1-2 FT (3 points lost)
2. H v Tiverton Town: 2-0 HT, 2-2 FT (2)
3. A v Wimborne Town: 2-1 HT, 3-3 FT (2)
4. H v Weymouth: 1-0 HT, 2-3 FT (3)
5. A v Chesham Utd: 1-0 HT, 2-2 FT (2)
6. A v Weston-super-Mare: 2-0 HT, 2-2 FT (2)
7. H v Wimborne Town: 1-0 HT, 1-1 FT (2)
8. A v Yate Town: 1-0 HT, 2-2 FT (2)
9. H v Dorchester Town 1-0 HT, 1-3 FT (3)
That's 21 points dropped from winning positions across those 9 games. Twelve during the second half of last term and nine already this. If we were to continue to give-up half-time leads at the rate we have been so far this season, we'll have dropped 54 points from being ahead at the break come the end of the campaign. No matter which way you spin it, it's a problem.
I don't know what the answer is. I don't know if it's a fitness issue or some kind of mental block, a pyschological thing or just fragile confidence.
I really hope it's a hurdle that we can overcome, however it happens, because the ability by and large is there. Some of the football has been great to watch at times and I believe we are capable of matching most sides in the division as we showed against Chesham three weeks ago, as we showed in the first half against Weston. But that pattern of half-time advantages squandered across a lengthy time period is a concern.
Really hoping the FA Cup can provide some welcome distraction on Saturday.
Next article in this thread: Re: Total Svennis... by John Rogers17/9 01:08Tue Sep 17 01:08:43 2019
- Total Svennis... by John Rogers14/9 18:42Sat Sep 14 18:42:48 2019view thread
- Re: Total Svennis... by rwakeley15/9 00:48Sun Sep 15 00:48:56 2019
- Re: Total Svennis... by Weston Don15/9 21:16Sun Sep 15 21:16:26 2019
- Re: Total Svennis... by John Rogers17/9 00:11Tue Sep 17 00:11:09 2019
- Re: Total Svennis... by John Rogers17/9 01:08Tue Sep 17 01:08:43 2019