Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Some positives...and yet... by John Rogers10/9/2019 22:40Tue Sep 10 22:40:19 2019view thread

Re: Come on Deeping!!!

By rwakeley10/9/2019 10:32Tue Sep 10 10:32:16 2019In response to Re: Come on Deeping!!!

Views: 1605

Cup thoughts:- Update - After Saturday, my nails remain in a state! Chewed to bits. I've done some reserarch. Highly recommended, Jennifer's Nails on Collindale. She'll buff and replace a full set for only 28 quid!!!
She offers something called a 'French Shallac' No idea what the heck that is - the mind boggles!
Good draw on paper, home and winnable, chance to progress. Common! I want another Dulwich type away day. Sparked the play-off run the following season. Demonstrated underlying strengths.
League thoughts:- To date only Truro (drawn v Hereford again), can match our record of having taken the lead in games - they top the charts for clean sheets - we've yet to register. 7 out of 8 we've conceded have come in the second half. These are identical traits carried over from the second half of last season and we really need to break out of this mould before we can assert ourselves. The good news. I think we are moving in the right direction. Only one loss to date, play-off year we won a staggering 16 games by the odd goal. Clean sheets are maybe over dramitised in that regard. The second goal at Yate was the sheer embodiment of what I percieve as our lack of balance across the middle and around the edge of our box. The recent inclusions of the wide lads may improve aspects of this. I think the goals will come. I would personally advocate a lad in front of the defence and Corks alongside Matty in the middle to shore up the spine. Ironically, whichever way we go formation wise, there's something slightly out of sync in terms of best utilisation. This batch of home games, should cement some light on which is the best fit. I think things are quietly falling into place.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Strewth! by rwakeley7/9/2019 17:06Sat Sep 7 17:06:26 2019view thread