Re: Ware v Hendon
My prognosis - Got a spare couple of days!- 6 hours to get home from that! I maintain we have major. elephant in the room, visable from space kind of problems - but overall, personnel wise, and potentially I can see things potentially looking viable. Billers, Tuesday was for me about the defence, today the forwards. Luke, for me has been the standout, even a cameo role the lad looks a Connie South lad in the making.
The midfield looks congested, too many players condensed down the middle. Billers similar, but second 45 they found our achilles heel and when Ware do, I'm begining to think any pub side in the country is going to cause us problems. Specifically, those teams of whom characterise most the ruddy division we reside in. No defensive width at all. Firstly, I think there are one or two or frankly look out of their natural position. The goals conceded have sprung from either the same shooting range or from pincer movements. The positive back play is really encouraging but requires an intense amount of discipline - I heard the gaffer shout 'patience'. Also 'no shot in 25 opening mins' or words to that effect. I worry about Hopey. Not a nautual wide(ish) player - can't beat a man wide tends to go MIA. I think he benefits playing in tandum alongside Matty - by compensating one problem, I think we are creating bigger problems. I do think these can be rectified once we decide on the formation. If 3 - then the starting postions of the wide lads and their defensive qualities need addressing. Not sure which is our best holding midfielder best option. Worried about Connor. Went 10 min spells today without touching the ball. Looked frustrated. I think we need him higher, as a tradtional target man but into his feet. Presume the Hartley lad alongside or out wide with A.N.Other as a third party. Not one cross. other than a massively overhit effort by Howie into the opposing box. That tells another story. I think we have an idea of the back, the template up front - totally inconclusive. Today demonstated how we lack penetration around the forwards. I like Charlie, exposed at times to high heaven. the personal jury is somewhat out on Chaps/Sam - I would prefer Luke in that role at present - but would another adaquate centre-half. The positioning of the 3 up-front and the defensive midfield width aspects have to be resolved or old problems will re-surface. Solutions maybe right around the corner, (which reminds me our set-pieces looked lethargic), or are so embedded it's going to undermine what could be a potentially good season.
I think tactically, the manager has some serious decisions on his hands - we have some quality. Interesting to see how this unfolds and who ends up, to excuse the pun, Ware. A massive amount to digest.
Next article in this thread: Yap Yap Yap by rwakeley28/7 11:34Sun Jul 28 11:34:50 2019
- Ware v Hendon by David B27/7 22:25Sat Jul 27 22:25:19 2019view thread
- Re: Ware v Hendon by dw28/7 00:10Sun Jul 28 00:10:28 2019
- Re: Ware v Hendon by Dessie28/7 00:40Sun Jul 28 00:40:11 2019
- Re: Ware v Hendon by rwakeley28/7 01:10Sun Jul 28 01:10:24 2019
- Yap Yap Yap by rwakeley28/7 11:34Sun Jul 28 11:34:50 2019
- Re: Yap Yap Yap by Warwickshire Dons29/7 00:31Mon Jul 29 00:31:09 2019
- Obi departs! by rwakeley30/7 15:23Tue Jul 30 15:23:21 2019
- Re: Obi departs! by Simon30/7 18:32Tue Jul 30 18:32:54 2019
- Re: Obi departs! by Dessie30/7 15:33Tue Jul 30 15:33:29 2019
- Re: Obi departs! by rwakeley30/7 21:31Tue Jul 30 21:31:08 2019
- Shaq! by rwakeley1/8 19:04Thu Aug 1 19:04:12 2019
- Re: Shaq! by Rainham don5/8 12:22Mon Aug 5 12:22:29 2019