Interesting to note that 3 of the 4 recent signings were on the verge of being, or are 30+. At times last season, Chappell aside, we were sorely missing a bit of nous and experience.
We know about Harper - he's not likely to do much running (he's even older than I am), but we know how much of a steadying influence he can be and Hamblin comes highly rated from Wealdstone. He certainly doesn't lack pedgiree.
The manager alludes to more announcements pending, really interested to see what else might be coming.
This time last year we were still four days away from the announcement of our first four signings. We already have eleven on board for the new season and you can see the basis of a team forming. Of course, that's no guarantee of success, but things certainly feel a lot more settled when observing from the outside.
Next article in this thread: Re: Past Experience by rwakeley13/6 14:23Thu Jun 13 14:23:09 2019
- Thoughts by Whispering Minotaur30/5 08:26Thu May 30 08:26:03 2019view thread
- Re: Thoughts by rwakeley30/5 09:34Thu May 30 09:34:59 2019
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by rwakeley31/5 12:48Fri May 31 12:48:11 2019
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by embee31/5 22:44Fri May 31 22:44:35 2019
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by John Rogers7/6 19:07Fri Jun 7 19:07:37 2019
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by rwakeley7/6 19:43Fri Jun 7 19:43:07 2019
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by BRAMLEY10/6 13:07Mon Jun 10 13:07:47 2019
- Experience by John Rogers13/6 11:11Thu Jun 13 11:11:20 2019
- Re: Past Experience by rwakeley13/6 14:23Thu Jun 13 14:23:09 2019