The National League have announced this afternoon (24th May) that Gateshead have been refused a licence to play in the National League for 2019-20. Furthermore the League fined the club £3,500 and docked 9 points off last season's total for breaches of the League's regulations.
This should reprieve Aldershot Town from relegation to National League South. What happens in National League South regarding the vacancy created there is open to question. The National League have stated that the make up of their three divisions (National League, NL North, and NL South) will be announced and confirmed at the League's AGM on 8th June.
Note that nothing appears to have been said about which league Gateshead will play in next season, if any, always assuming that they can put together a ground, the finances, the squad, and also provide sufficient assurances that the club will be able to complete the 2019-20 season.
Whether this affects the Southern Premier South - Truro could be reprieved and stay in NL South - is open to pure speculation until the National League's AGM has taken place, and we know whether Truro have been reprieved.
As I said in my previous comment on the subject, the FA have lengthy regulations to cover all this. The FA League Committee, which allocates clubs to leagues from the pool of clubs at each step, have been known to ride roughshod over some of the FA regulations, and appear in some cases to be doing so again this summer.
What the final outcome will be is anybody's guess, but I can't see any result that will move us back to the Isthmian Premier, given the FA's desire to move as few clubs as possible after the league allocations were published last Sunday.
Edited by ChrisHFC at 22:58:54 on 24th May 2019
Next article in this thread: Re: Gateshead by rwakeley21/5/2019 18:39Tue May 21 18:39:41 2019
- Southern Premier Next Season by Deadman19/5/2019 08:07Sun May 19 08:07:25 2019view thread
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by Warwickshire Dons19/5/2019 09:42Sun May 19 09:42:55 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by rwakeley19/5/2019 10:54Sun May 19 10:54:39 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by John Rogers19/5/2019 12:57Sun May 19 12:57:15 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by John Rogers21/5/2019 00:02Tue May 21 00:02:32 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by Hendonboy21/5/2019 08:58Tue May 21 08:58:40 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by richhend21/5/2019 12:33Tue May 21 12:33:56 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by Middlesex Wanderer21/5/2019 14:12Tue May 21 14:12:36 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by ChrisHFC21/5/2019 15:00Tue May 21 15:00:19 2019
- Re: Southern Premier Next Season by Scarborough_Rob21/5/2019 13:00Tue May 21 13:00:35 2019
- Re: Gateshead by ChrisHFC21/5/2019 15:57Tue May 21 15:57:35 2019
- Re: Gateshead by ChrisHFC24/5/2019 22:56Fri May 24 22:56:52 2019
- Re: Gateshead by rwakeley21/5/2019 18:39Tue May 21 18:39:41 2019
- blackfield and langley by embee21/5/2019 23:41Tue May 21 23:41:08 2019
- Re: blackfield and langley by John Rogers22/5/2019 08:58Wed May 22 08:58:11 2019