My issues lie elsewhere
Valid points. I have a problem in all this. I maintain history in football is a great leveller. Expense wise - no idea of what goes on. I would say that according to Rac Route Planner, there's no discernable travel difference from Tonbridge to Truro as there is from Hendon. That's where my problem starts. For me, several clubs in the Ryman have traditionally been Southern League. - Let alone geographically. Teams next to Brighton on the coast, are not deemed Southern enough! So the geographical debate for me is never going to end. The bigger problem I have, is that the Southern is being diluted and watered down in terms of quality. I think this is an opportunity to really inject some traditional life - a kick up the arse - into the Southern League. In terms of tradition and quality control, I do maintain it's very much needed. These people are looking at maps and don't understand the traditions or characteristics, let alone the consequences of their decisions. Not just being a Hendon fan with a view - I think they have this wholesale wrong. For the sake of the feeder leagues, and their viability let alone their ability to survive at a higher level, I worry they could be doing more harm over the medium term than good.
- Which league for next season? by cappers4/5/2019 17:31Sat May 4 17:31:16 2019view thread
- Re: Which league for next season? by John Rogers4/5/2019 18:39Sat May 4 18:39:00 2019
- I'm a Hendon Fan - Get me out of here! - Part 1 by rwakeley10/5/2019 09:52Fri May 10 09:52:34 2019
- Part 2 by rwakeley10/5/2019 10:01Fri May 10 10:01:45 2019
- Re: Part 2 by geemickey10/5/2019 14:03Fri May 10 14:03:26 2019
- My issues lie elsewhere by rwakeley10/5/2019 16:22Fri May 10 16:22:40 2019