I worry about the standard in the Southern option. It maybe the 'soft' option. Last season. 70 points to reach the play-offs. I went back over our past 10 year league record. The average points tally to reach the play-offs - 77! Even Weymouth, fell short on the average champions tally by a couple of wins. Not a great indication. By comparison, I could only find one season, 2012-13 in the Ryman which was identical in its final computations. That year was washed out. Come 31st Dec we had 18 points from 18 games and yet finished a credible tenth. We ended up playing a massive 10 league games in the final month. I have no doubt the Isthmian is a stronger, and importantly, more diverse league. My most telling game last season - the match-up with Harlow. Taking nothing away from us, (Chaps again outstanding), we were at least competitive. My muckers from W&F have over recent seasons touched on their decline/manager turnover. Not surprising to see both sides struggle. Despite the more difficult headwinds, I do think we benefit, and more opportunity to re-build in the Isthmian. Interesting times.
Next article in this thread: Re: Part 2 by geemickey10/5/2019 14:03Fri May 10 14:03:26 2019
- Which league for next season? by cappers4/5/2019 17:31Sat May 4 17:31:16 2019view thread
- Re: Which league for next season? by John Rogers4/5/2019 18:39Sat May 4 18:39:00 2019
- I'm a Hendon Fan - Get me out of here! - Part 1 by rwakeley10/5/2019 09:52Fri May 10 09:52:34 2019
- Part 2 by rwakeley10/5/2019 10:01Fri May 10 10:01:45 2019
- Re: Part 2 by geemickey10/5/2019 14:03Fri May 10 14:03:26 2019
- My issues lie elsewhere by rwakeley10/5/2019 16:22Fri May 10 16:22:40 2019