I'm a Hendon Fan - Get me out of here! - Part 1
I hate it! It's like being in Munchkin-land! Seriously. Dorchester's average height - four foot tall! We had Stephane and Bayley Brown in contrast. What Arcane Land, must we have come from! It was all the ruddy same. Can't recall a decent winger! The entertainment - The worst act I've seen since The Osmonds!
Then the logistics. I went to Hartley Wintney - and I still don't know where the hell it is! A strange woman turned up on a sleigh and offered me some Turkish Delight! "Welcome Prince of Narnia" she exclaimed!
I have a deluge of thoughts on all this. I have one on the football, which would have caused offence to the Race Relations Board - and invariably got me banned from Twitter! In all seriousness, I don't think we belong. I watched my local side, Telford, in the early days of the APL/Conference and teams had a very regionalised identity. Alty, Northwich Vics, Runcorn - complete contrast to the Southern based Enfield and what would become Barry Fry's Barnet. The North reigned supreme in FAT and league around 79' by the middle of the decade post the sterile Scarborough and Wealdstone double - it changed - the South took over. I feel we are in a similar state of flux, in that change-over phase. We lack an identity. Which league we end up in, for me, galvanizes the way forward.
Next article in this thread: Part 2 by rwakeley10/5 10:01Fri May 10 10:01:45 2019
- Which league for next season? by cappers4/5 17:31Sat May 4 17:31:16 2019view thread
- Re: Which league for next season? by John Rogers4/5 18:39Sat May 4 18:39:00 2019
- I'm a Hendon Fan - Get me out of here! - Part 1 by rwakeley10/5 09:52Fri May 10 09:52:34 2019
- Part 2 by rwakeley10/5 10:01Fri May 10 10:01:45 2019
- Re: Part 2 by geemickey10/5 14:03Fri May 10 14:03:26 2019
- My issues lie elsewhere by rwakeley10/5 16:22Fri May 10 16:22:40 2019