Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2
The difference in the side over the past month or so has been visible. After weeks of fragility both structurally and mentally, we look so much better in both ways, increasingly so, in recent weeks.
No-one deserves credit more than the manager, in my view. He's been nothing short of honest throughout the season, even when we were winning games at the start of the season and has clearly been working tirelessly to turn the ship around. There's still some way to go and one win doesn't change everything at all - but that's now five unbeaten which, after a run of 9 straight defeats, gives cause for optimisim.
Chuffed to bits as well for those players that continued to stand up and be counted during the bad run and stick things out whilst others sometimes went missing - none more so than Danny Boness who seems to have come through that tough spell where he made a few crucial errors and put in, by all accounts, a flawless performance on Saturday.
Some really big games coming up against Gosport and Basingstoke, two sides in and around us, if we can begin to pick up points against those sides around us, I think we'll be okay.
Next article in this thread: Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by David B18/2 18:00Mon Feb 18 18:00:26 2019
- Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by johnnybaker17/2 10:37Sun Feb 17 10:37:43 2019view thread
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by Rainham don19/2 10:13Tue Feb 19 10:13:48 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by SteveHFC19/2 11:16Tue Feb 19 11:16:49 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by Rainham don19/2 12:44Tue Feb 19 12:44:47 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by SteveHFC19/2 13:57Tue Feb 19 13:57:34 2019
- Under 18s by John Rogers19/2 15:42Tue Feb 19 15:42:35 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by John Rogers18/2 11:58Mon Feb 18 11:58:04 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by David B18/2 18:00Mon Feb 18 18:00:26 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by rwakeley18/2 18:40Mon Feb 18 18:40:37 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by John Rogers18/2 21:59Mon Feb 18 21:59:52 2019
- Re: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by David B19/2 12:32Tue Feb 19 12:32:23 2019