Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Merthyr 0 Hendon 2 by johnnybaker17/2/2019 10:37Sun Feb 17 10:37:43 2019view thread

Re: Wimborne 3-3 Hendon

By rwakeley10/2/2019 14:25Sun Feb 10 14:25:17 2019In response to Re: Wimborne 3-3 Hendon

Views: 1977

With the central midfield combo in place. My thoughts move on to the next stage. Biggest hurdle from day one. Aways days. SJP is a fortress once established. Everyone in this league seems utterly incapable of stringing results together on the road. Looking at Taunton & Weymouth results at the top. No conviction at all on the road. Hendon, play-off seasons, unbeaten runs for months. Turned up expecting to win. Only the Met have a run resemling any normality. My thoughts, next season. Last week had a chat in the club-house about Big Dave. Moreover, contenious issue, accomodating players of that physical type. Side issue, interesting thoughts about his potential relationship with Gary and how managers deal with them. Thinking about Bayley in the same way. Maybe, not deemed an automatic choice. He may well have certain attributes that at times maybe beneficial. Conor has to drop back to fullfill his duties. Interesting how many goals fly in this league around the hour mark. Around the times managers thoughts look towards the bench. I do believe we need to build a squad going forward that has skillsets more accustomed to the Ryman world. These teams, Salisbury the latest, look small physically. A winger with pace is un-heard off in the West Country. I hear the Terras get down to the by-line somewhat. They may have an all-round have a better equipped game. How many crosses did we get in the box yesterday? Don't know. I do think we can start to bring aspects more into our game, particularly on the road. Defensively, letting a lead slip four times, all from crosses. We get our act together, we are in business. Weeks ago, someone on here be-moaned the delivery of corners at the Met. I agree. We did win the first two. Diagonal runs from Gianni and Luke over the bar. Good to see a centre-half on the end of one yesterday. Look how the Met take corners. On the money, surrounding the keeper. The upside in improvements is potentially huge - but I do think as the options on the bench become increasingly stronger consideration has to evolve in the way we counter-attack as the games become stretched in the second-half. That goes for games at home as well. I'm at the stage where I'm beggining to overlay faces from the past onto the present crop. I think the lad Hope is a Kevin Mac. I do think pre-season we need some different alternatives to change the complextion of games in order to see them out. I think we are starting to get stronger a potential road map is becoming apparent.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: First goal significance by rwakeley8/2/2019 18:29Fri Feb 8 18:29:33 2019view thread