Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Perseverance by rwakeley27/1/2019 02:59Sun Jan 27 02:59:53 2019view thread

Re: Tiverton

By Scarborough_Rob20/1/2019 14:19Sun Jan 20 14:19:36 2019In response to Re: Tiverton

Views: 2103

My musings:

The joy and togetherness among the players when the goals went in. We haven't seen that for some time. Also the way they regrouped and dug in at 2-2. That game would have definitely have been lost over the past six weeks.

Really liked Sergio. Great match awareness, and one I'd guess who'll improve further with match fitness. Ryan Hope also looked to have plenty about him. Lewis Toomey gave absolutely everything. By far his best performance.

I do enjoy watching teams who press. There was a bit more of that yesterday, but I think it'll need a pre season and several to get fully fit for it to happen for 90 minutes.

I had a feeling that our manager might be a bit of a scrapper when he was appointed. His attitude to look for solutions and to sort out what has become a bit of a mess has to be admired. We'll get there!

The whole day was spot on as John alluded to. Barcelona claim they're 'more than a club'. Well without going OTT, so are Hendon FC, along with the huge contributions from those at SJP. My niece will hopefully be providing a couple of students to gain experience on SJP projects through her job at Middlesex University. She attended with a couple of her mates yesterday for the first time. I can't tell you how happy I was to see them genuinely enjoy it and praise everybody's welcome and friendliness. Hopefully she'll join me lots more going forward, and help bring some student support to the game. She's already been primed to put the fixture posters up at the Uni! SJP is a place that every single one of my guests has thoroughly enjoyed on a Hendon matchday. "Football for adults" was how one described it, free from the stress of running a club in the north with a large demanding support!

Talking of support. Absolutely brilliant yesterday. Let's keep shouting and chanting. It's got to help the lads along.

Whether it's because we're all crackers I don't know, but that clubhouse didn't smell of despondency last night at 7pm. Great to be around some great football people. I was only fortunate enough to see Dermot play a couple of times in the early 80s as an exiled student down here. I hope yesterday was a fitting tribute to obviously a great man.

If Weymouth do leave with the points on Tuesday, let them do so commenting on our support and have their players knowing that they've had to fight for their lives.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Environment vs Genetics by rwakeley13/1/2019 02:30Sun Jan 13 02:30:52 2019view thread