Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tiverton by John Rogers20/1/2019 11:12Sun Jan 20 11:12:57 2019view thread

Yesterday

By rwakeley13/1/2019 14:09Sun Jan 13 14:09:04 2019In response to Re: Environment vs Genetics

Views: 2113

Can't argue with any of the above as per the game. I do think the Met was a particularly difficult place for us to go on the day and with regards to where we are at. For me the Met never change their style. I don't think they had to be at their best to turn us over - which tells us where we are. My one take-away is that for me, it was the first time since the downturn where you could actually assess what credentials some of these lads have in terms of diagnosis. In terms of personnel, it will envariably change, but we have no definable style. We have to start somewhere. I think the lad Brown broke up play - not much else - doesn't win ariel stuff which is a downside. The central combo remains un-tried until Matty comes back. If he's available Tuesday, I would partner him alongside McVey to see how they shape up. Question mark over McVey. I think the lad is neat and tidy and does some reasonable interventions. He does offload close at hand - sideways or back. How much more drive and scope he has in his locker remains un-known. We need continuity and to find the right players for their roles. This is the only way we can move on as ugly as it may be at times. The movement of the Met provide them with numerous options in possession. Mazzone out wide, targeted with goal-kicks, supported down the flanks enabling them to get balls into the box. Lessons perhaps for Calcutt. I think we miss Chaps with his delivery - our set-pieces have been poor. Our backs have to re-engage in an attacking sence, not just hoping the lads in front can deliver. I do think we have the premise with something to work with - I havn't thought for that for weeks. Good opposition on the horizon may actually bring more out of us. I do think we can at the very least start to find some answers and hopefully move on.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Today really bloody annoyed me! by rwakeley6/1/2019 00:56Sun Jan 6 00:56:49 2019view thread