Re: Gaffer Tape
I thought the first half was the best I've seen from us since the first 20 minutes at Gosport. There was a noticeable structure to the side, Tanasheh carried a threat down the left flank and Elliott looked mean with players up around him, supporting him. We didn't threaten the Langley goal enough when, I thought, they looked there for the taking.
Second half they switched things up, brought on arguably their best player in Mitchell Weiss and started to press us much higher up the pitch. We didn't have an answer to it. The two goals conceded were pretty drab, to say the least and again, as soon as the equaliser went in the writing was on the wall. Harriott's ugly late dismissal smacked of someone fed up with working his nuts off for little or now reward.
Speaking to the management team after the game, they're under no illusions as to where we are at the moment and where we're lacking. I admire that - I'd be far more concerned if they were citing bad luck all the time and talking about us deserving more than we're getting.
A tough run of games coming up, the boys just need to keep battling for every ball, working hard and trying to create a little more in the final third.
Next article in this thread: Re: Gaffer Tape by The Ancient One8/1 11:07Tue Jan 8 11:07:55 2019
- Today really bloody annoyed me! by rwakeley6/1 00:56Sun Jan 6 00:56:49 2019view thread
- Re: Today really bloody annoyed me! by Paulinbushey7/1 02:03Mon Jan 7 02:03:59 2019
- Re: Today really bloody annoyed me! by JWN6/1 12:08Sun Jan 6 12:08:08 2019
- Gaffer Tape by rwakeley6/1 13:04Sun Jan 6 13:04:53 2019
- Re: Gaffer Tape by John Rogers7/1 10:04Mon Jan 7 10:04:28 2019
- Re: Gaffer Tape by The Ancient One8/1 11:07Tue Jan 8 11:07:55 2019