Re: This reminds me of 2016-17
These posts are absolutely spot on, there's a lot of parallels... Players coming and going within a few weeks, unable to pick a consistent back-four because of injury problems and the manager trying to remould a side as he goes. I don't know how many of those players pitching up for a couple of weeks and then disappearing from view are down to player-led decisions and how many are down to the manager.
I thought yesterday was better from the Walton game (can't comment on anything post-Walton as I haven't been able to make anything) in terms of the fact that we were more solid and the level of application and attitude was much better. Not a lot went our way in the final third but I thought Calcutt and Toomey put themselves about and at least tried, defensively I was a bit concerned when I realised it was McGleish alongside Pepera. But, he did alright. I also thought Brendan Murphy McVey added a bit more protection to the back four than some of those that have gone before - think he has a little bit to offer.
After working so hard against a strong Chesham side who are far better than their lowly league position, it's such a shame that the ball was lost so cheaply wide on the left - if it had been wellied into the Chesham half, or even better at that stage, over the main stand - we'd have come away with a hard earned point and clean sheet.
It's crucial that we get something sooner rather than later - a point, a scrappy 1-0 - before we're beginning to nervously look over our shoulders.
Next article in this thread: Re: This reminds me of 2016-17 by rwakeley2/1/2019 11:15Wed Jan 2 11:15:47 2019
- This reminds me of 2016-17 by rwakeley26/12/2018 16:45Wed Dec 26 16:45:26 2018view thread
- Re: This reminds me of 2016-17 by Deadman26/12/2018 21:03Wed Dec 26 21:03:37 2018
- Re: This reminds me of 2016-17 by Claremont Man27/12/2018 16:00Thu Dec 27 16:00:47 2018
- Re: This reminds me of 2016-17 by John Rogers2/1/2019 10:14Wed Jan 2 10:14:57 2019
- Re: This reminds me of 2016-17 by rwakeley2/1/2019 11:15Wed Jan 2 11:15:47 2019