Re: My overall perception - part 2
If you've not gone to sleep yet...
I keep going back to the best non-league side I have ever seen. Gola league Enfield - a blend of brute force and finese. If Paul Butler is reading this, yes, I know it's not the same club. To me it is, at least from a footballing standpoint. When-ever I go there - I can still equate to that Gola league crew. I thought that side was the first semblance of transition from NPL dominance to Southern hostile take-over. And the pitches they played on! I'm not sure Hendon or any 'London' side can easily construct a similar side to those 'coastal' counterparts based on physicallity. For me that Enfield side was the aspiration of that electic mix with regards to Ryman land. I do personally think it differs in the Southern environment. I took solace in Slough last season. Template as a club, similar profile, even this season average age around mid-twenties, adding experience as required. I would compare Slough comparably to someone akin to Margate last season. Perhaps, generally falling short. In a boxing contest, as in the major cup competitions more Ryman sides do better, with only the top four or so in the Southern making in-roads. I think the differences maybe suttle and other external factors maybe up for debate. This Southern league reminds me of the NPL around APL formulation when the North dominated league and FAT.
Next article in this thread: Re: My overall perception - part 3 by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:47Thu Nov 29 18:47:36 2018
- Dial M For Merthyr by rwakeley29/11/2018 11:18Thu Nov 29 11:18:50 2018view thread
- Re: Dial M For Merthyr by The Ancient One29/11/2018 16:20Thu Nov 29 16:20:21 2018
- Re: Dial M For Merthyr by Middlesex Wanderer29/11/2018 14:18Thu Nov 29 14:18:44 2018
- My overall perception by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:29Thu Nov 29 18:29:51 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 2 by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:39Thu Nov 29 18:39:50 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 3 by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:47Thu Nov 29 18:47:36 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 4 by rwakeley29/11/2018 20:16Thu Nov 29 20:16:40 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 4 by embee29/11/2018 21:08Thu Nov 29 21:08:56 2018