My overall perception
This could be the longest post ever - may role over. For fun sakes. For what it is worth, I agree with the first point - a slightly different take on the latter.
I have a footballing notion, difficult to explain, going to try. The remit:- What would it take to get Hendon promoted? Playing wise, I do personally believe there is a cultural difference in the leagues. The top sides in this division, physically robust, ariel onslaughts - we've done well, drawing at Taunton and Tiverton. The majority of sides, depend on less overall quality, in my opinion, than the Ryman, and adhere to more tenacious qualities. Debates rage on as to where this Hendon side would be now if back in the Ryman in terms of quality and league position? Games at Hartney and Swindon prime case studies as others have eluded to, could have gone either way. As for the playing surface, personally I do think once established teams in a lot of cases do appear to have benefited. Worthing and Slough spring to mind. Interesting from a Southern League standpoint to see how Basingstoke evolve once re-located next season. I think Hendon have benefited footballing wise moving to SJP in terms of enhancing a fluidity in style.
In terms of difference between the leagues. I think your probably correct and I maybe over indulging myself, but I may as well get this out there...
Next article in this thread: Re: My overall perception - part 2 by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:39Thu Nov 29 18:39:50 2018
- Dial M For Merthyr by rwakeley29/11/2018 11:18Thu Nov 29 11:18:50 2018view thread
- Re: Dial M For Merthyr by The Ancient One29/11/2018 16:20Thu Nov 29 16:20:21 2018
- Re: Dial M For Merthyr by Middlesex Wanderer29/11/2018 14:18Thu Nov 29 14:18:44 2018
- My overall perception by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:29Thu Nov 29 18:29:51 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 2 by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:39Thu Nov 29 18:39:50 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 3 by rwakeley29/11/2018 18:47Thu Nov 29 18:47:36 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 4 by rwakeley29/11/2018 20:16Thu Nov 29 20:16:40 2018
- Re: My overall perception - part 4 by embee29/11/2018 21:08Thu Nov 29 21:08:56 2018