Re: The Tandem Show
These were the first Hendon overheads I've seen (although I've only attended a fraction of the Hendon games that others have).
I once saw Jonatan Johansson score two for Charlton v West Ham in a 4-4 draw and one against Exeter in an FA Cup Tie.
I also saw Trevor Francis get one for QPR (right at the end of his career) v Charlton at Loftus Road.
I think that sometimes players get away with dangerous kicking when they try it simply because it's an attempt on goal but if you did it in the centre of the pitch, you'd probably get a yellow card (or these days, even a red!) I speak as someone who once spent an afternoon in Hillingdon Hospital A&E after an opponent attempted one just as I was clearing a corner with my head! It's a bit like the Dil-Scoop; great when you watch a batsman play it; not great when you are the wicket-keeper in a club game, standing up to the stumps, nearly getting hit with a combination of ball and bat!
Edited by Deadman at 10:13:10 on 15th November 2018
Edited by Deadman at 10:13:49 on 15th November 2018
Edited by Deadman at 10:15:55 on 15th November 2018
Edited by Deadman at 10:16:27 on 15th November 2018
Next article in this thread: Re: The Tandem Show by dw15/11/2018 22:28Thu Nov 15 22:28:26 2018
- The Tandem Show by John Rogers14/11/2018 12:10Wed Nov 14 12:10:50 2018view thread
- Re: The Tandem Show by Simon14/11/2018 22:34Wed Nov 14 22:34:01 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by ChrisHFC15/11/2018 15:56Thu Nov 15 15:56:31 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by rwakeley14/11/2018 17:21Wed Nov 14 17:21:49 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by Deadman15/11/2018 10:11Thu Nov 15 10:11:55 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by dw15/11/2018 22:28Thu Nov 15 22:28:26 2018
- Overheads and hat-tricks by David B16/11/2018 13:46Fri Nov 16 13:46:02 2018