The Tandem Show
Last night I was struggling to remember any more than two genuine overhead kicks in my time watching Hendon that have gone on to ruffle the old onion bag. Bontcho against Canvey Island and I remember Eugene getting one against either Carshalton or perhaps Basingstoke once as well. There was Freddie's against Basingstoke from just outside the penalty area, but that was more of a scissor volley than a genuine bicycle kick.
Anyway. Shaq has been a revelation since joining the club. On Saturday I felt that he was the one player to rise above the dross and who looked likely to create something, last night second half he was pretty well unplayable at times and his strike rate is right up there. Indeed, in terms of league starts / goals, we now have:
Ricky - 11 goals in 9 starts (plus 2 sub)
Shaq - 6 goals in 6 starts
Connor - 3 goals in 3 starts (plus 1 sub)
The second half last night was probably, with the exception maybe of Dorchester away, the best I've seen from the side so far. The key difference is that clinical edge that has been lacking in the last couple of weeks at times. All five goals were excellently taken (actually, make that all six, their free-kick was outstanding too) and Connor seemd to thrive as the main man and having the pace of Shaq, Gianni and Shaun Lucien feeding off of him. Food for thought for Jimmy.
Next article in this thread: Re: The Tandem Show by Simon14/11/2018 22:34Wed Nov 14 22:34:01 2018
- The Tandem Show by John Rogers14/11/2018 12:10Wed Nov 14 12:10:50 2018view thread
- Re: The Tandem Show by Simon14/11/2018 22:34Wed Nov 14 22:34:01 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by ChrisHFC15/11/2018 15:56Thu Nov 15 15:56:31 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by rwakeley14/11/2018 17:21Wed Nov 14 17:21:49 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by Deadman15/11/2018 10:11Thu Nov 15 10:11:55 2018
- Re: The Tandem Show by dw15/11/2018 22:28Thu Nov 15 22:28:26 2018
- Overheads and hat-tricks by David B16/11/2018 13:46Fri Nov 16 13:46:02 2018