I've dismissed the sending off, it's impact and pressed my thoughts on what I perceive underlying issues. Despite the loss, we look stronger in terms of personnel. Getting the right players in the positions remains key. The real question mark I have is if the gaffer favours Guri when fit. I think that area needs shoring up. Their first goal looked identical to one conceded a week or so back. Forget the keeper on the second, the shot should never have materialized in the first place. I maintain we have midfield issues. Distinct lack of passing. It's all very direct. As for the game, I thought we mirrored eachother - expected Ball to be more central. I think both teams needed a playmaker. Obviously a tad defensive, I was kind of impressed with the lad Bonnet-Johnson. The midfield duo needs to get established. We need a more passing game. Too many times a simple square pass across the middle goes up in smoke. Players have limitations in options and availability. I don't think we are missing chances per se - I think they have to some degree dried up. They didn't work our keeper - likewise. 3 up-front, the gaps down the flanks is a complete void. The two foundation-stones for me are Guri, and Coonnor and how we play around them. 7 of this side started on the first home game, yet it feels like a total overhaul. I think Tuesday, despite their low position is a real compelling insight to how we function. They do try and knock the ball around. I think there are places in this team yet to be established. We get the ball moving, quite literally, and we would really light the touch paper. There's a lot of evaluation to be undertaken - we are clearly on the right track - equally expecting frustrations and indications of real promise. There is significant upside and that's a real positive in anybody's locker.
Keep at it.
Next article in this thread: Re: Structural configurations by John Rogers14/11/2018 12:18Wed Nov 14 12:18:43 2018
- Structural configurations by rwakeley11/11/2018 12:06Sun Nov 11 12:06:25 2018view thread
- Re: Structural configurations by John Rogers14/11/2018 12:18Wed Nov 14 12:18:43 2018
- Re: Structural configurations by embee14/11/2018 20:57Wed Nov 14 20:57:59 2018
- Re: Structural configurations by Deadman12/11/2018 17:57Mon Nov 12 17:57:34 2018
- Re: Structural configurations by SteveHFC12/11/2018 17:57Mon Nov 12 17:57:24 2018
- Re: Structural configurations by David B12/11/2018 21:29Mon Nov 12 21:29:06 2018