Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Feeling Rather Chipper! by rwakeley7/10/2018 16:53Sun Oct 7 16:53:36 2018view thread

Re: Last night

By rwakeley3/10/2018 16:01Wed Oct 3 16:01:22 2018In response to Last night

Views: 8992

As per my current state of mind. I'm going to compliment the management. There are clearly a one or two of whom are clearly learning on the job, hence frustrations are inevitable. My impression of our first half was encouraging in terms of an evolution stand-point. More width and penetration - a desire to try and get some passing and switching play, trying to utilize the whole of the pitch, trying to effect a game-plan. In that regard, that comes straight from the training pitch and overall improvement. Huge positive. Difficult to judge the overall progression with several first-teamers on the bench. That's the bone of contention. I feel for the manager in that regard. You don't win against lesser percieved oppo and questions will be asked. I think that is harsh. Maybe that's a lesson - but hindsight - greatest quality none of us have. There's no real guarantee with more recognized players filling roles we would have won - Regardless get the job done Sunday - No-one will give a jot. I reckon the gaffer has a preferred style of play which is becoming increasingly evident. As to if certain personnel are up to executing, that's an on-going scenario. I do think we benefited from Marvin playing a role. The quality of the delivery in the box was really my only concern. But I do think it is coming together. Full credit to Lancing - a good set of lads. This is more of an inconvenience than anything. Let's focus on putting it right.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Dorchester saturday by Dorset Don26/9/2018 12:24Wed Sep 26 12:24:05 2018view thread