Re: Dorchester saturday
It was a game that we could have quite easily have been chasing. Their forward missed an open goal with his head in the first minute of the second half and that seemed to knock the stuffing out of Dorchester.
Despite a lot of misplaced passes in the 1st half, I felt our midfield got hold of the game and as the game moved into the 2nd half, there were some very big gaps to pass through. Hippolyte caused a mountain of problems for their left back and German came alive. Dorchester had the odd flurry (mainly down our left) and did put over some good crosses but our keeper was positive and our centre-backs good enough in the air (apart from the 46th minute open goal miss!)
As for the penalty appeals, I wasn't sure about the first one, a bit more sure about the 2nd and certain about the 3rd (audible boot on boot sound as he got taken from behind).
Dorchester became increasingly ragged and there seemed a real lack of belief. We finished the game on a high and I was left wondering whether it was actually a touch of superior fitness as well as class up front which tipped the balance.
This was a good but slightly flattering win. The 1st half was pretty grim albeit not through the lack of effort. The 2nd half was very encouraging.
Next article in this thread: Re: Dorchester saturday by John Rogers30/9/2018 12:50Sun Sep 30 12:50:54 2018
- Dorchester saturday by Dorset Don26/9/2018 12:24Wed Sep 26 12:24:05 2018view thread
- Re: Dorchester saturday by rwakeley29/9/2018 18:07Sat Sep 29 18:07:10 2018
- Beating teams from higher levels by David B30/9/2018 18:47Sun Sep 30 18:47:49 2018
- Re: Beating teams from higher levels by rwakeley1/10/2018 07:59Mon Oct 1 07:59:15 2018
- Re: Dorchester saturday by Deadman30/9/2018 10:09Sun Sep 30 10:09:12 2018
- Re: Dorchester saturday by John Rogers30/9/2018 12:50Sun Sep 30 12:50:54 2018
- Re: Dorchester saturday by Dorset Don30/9/2018 19:54Sun Sep 30 19:54:17 2018