Re: 19th May 1977
Agreed with everything written so far.
It wasn't quite like the alamo that last season's win at Dulwich was, but after the first half an hour where I thought we played some good stuff from what I saw from the turnstile, we had to defend increasingly. I didn't really feel it ever became desperate, I thought the two centre-halves did particularly well in the second half with Danny making a couple of important saves and looking commanding otherwise.
As everyone has said, Jimmy included, we're still very much a work in progress, but the amount of heart, guts and character in the side bodes very well. I wondered how we would react to the Harrow defeat and it's been extremely impressive - three wins out of four and three clean sheets too.
Poole were the best side I've seen this season and were worth at least a point on the balance of play and chances - hitting the bar at the end of the first half, the 10 planting the ball a foot wide of the post and the late header being deflected just wide.
Next article in this thread: Re: 19th May 1977 by rwakeley16/9/2018 13:00Sun Sep 16 13:00:40 2018
- 19th May 1977 by dw15/9/2018 23:16Sat Sep 15 23:16:33 2018view thread
- Re: 19th May 1977 by johnnybaker16/9/2018 10:57Sun Sep 16 10:57:14 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by John Rogers16/9/2018 12:13Sun Sep 16 12:13:44 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by rwakeley16/9/2018 13:00Sun Sep 16 13:00:40 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by SteveHFC16/9/2018 13:12Sun Sep 16 13:12:52 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by rwakeley16/9/2018 14:00Sun Sep 16 14:00:44 2018