Re: Bob Chambers 1955/56 season
Hello Mike. To defend myself, I looked at our record in the first half of the season, when Bob played in most matches from early September to the end of 1955 and, apart from two clean sheets in first three or four games, there were only two more in a largely winning team in those four months.
Sadly, as the Colindale Newspaper Librbary and London Borough of Barnet newspaper archives are no longer as easily accessible as they once were and both almost require a day off work for research, I have to go with other sources and the 100 Years history book gives him two mentions, one of which was his arrival from the Midlands and the other an injury he picked up in the London Challenge Cup tie against Chelsea. I assume he left at the end of the season, possibly returning to the Midlands, but it is conjecture.
What is clearly true is that Chambers played only one season at Hendon and played in 20 out of 28 League games in our Championship campaign.
My previous series have featured mainly on our Isthmian days, but I decided I was going to go through the whole 110 years of the club for the dream teams, so apologies in advance if my information is not 100 percent right.
Next article in this thread: Re: Bob Chambers 1955/56 season by ChrisHFC31/8/2018 16:44Fri Aug 31 16:44:00 2018
- Bob Chambers 1955/56 season by Mike Cox28/8/2018 14:45Tue Aug 28 14:45:42 2018view thread
- Re: Bob Chambers 1955/56 season by David B28/8/2018 16:29Tue Aug 28 16:29:57 2018
- Re: Bob Chambers 1955/56 season by ChrisHFC31/8/2018 16:44Fri Aug 31 16:44:00 2018
- Re: Bob Chambers 1955/56 season by Mike Cox28/8/2018 17:32Tue Aug 28 17:32:31 2018
- Re: Bob Chambers 1955/56 season by rwakeley28/8/2018 17:20Tue Aug 28 17:20:43 2018