Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0
It was a good win.
The best I've seen collectively so far, things are slowly beginning to knit together and some of the lads put in impressive individual shifts.
It's hard to know at the moment how good a result that was - Walton got what looked like a good point against Basingstoke at the weekend, whilst Basingstoke beat another promoted side in Beaconsfield this evening, and of course, the big test for the boys will be when things don't go their way. Who has the character to dig in and scrap.
I liked the balance of the side, the full-backs didn't really get forward too much giving us a fairly solid base, Stephane Ngomvoulou really began to stamp his authority on the game as it went on, the two lads out wide had pace to burn and were direct when running at the Walton back four.
Star man for me was Danny Bonness, very good early save, superb penalty save just before the break and another excellent tip over late-on. More impressive was his overall command of the penalty area, positioning and handling. Ricardo German was excellent as well, he looks a real find - superbly taken goal - and Tyriq did well in the second half too.
Promising signs, still room for improvement but it's good to get an early win on the board.
Next article in this thread: Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0 by embee15/8 13:09Wed Aug 15 13:09:42 2018
- Hendon 3 Walton 0 by johnnybaker14/8 22:38Tue Aug 14 22:38:31 2018view thread
- Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0 by John Rogers15/8 00:13Wed Aug 15 00:13:40 2018
- Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0 by embee15/8 13:09Wed Aug 15 13:09:42 2018
- Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0 by rwakeley15/8 17:58Wed Aug 15 17:58:34 2018
- Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0 by Paulinbushey15/8 18:41Wed Aug 15 18:41:05 2018
- Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0 by John Rogers15/8 21:29Wed Aug 15 21:29:09 2018