Re: Thoughts so far
Minus the unwelcome complication of our transfer to the West and South West League, it seems to me that our situation is akin to that of Enfield at the beginning of last season.
The Enfield manager departed to Braintree taking a significant number of players with him. Enfield recruited the old Chesham manager and he had to build a team from relative scratch.
Enfield struggled for about two thirds of the season not really achieving stability until the final third of the season.
Player-wise, there seemed to be a revolving door on the dressing room and it literally seemed that players were arriving and departing every week until the manager was able to find a line-up of reasonable quality.
At present, I can't help feeling we might see a similar situation at Hendon this season. In normal circumstances this would auger badly for results but against this, looking at the statistics of the league for last season, it seems there was a huge disparity in quality between the top sides and the rest. The quality differential in last season's Isthmian league was very much tighter.
Given the above, while I'm not optimistic about our forthcoming prospects, I'm hoping things won't be all bad.
Next article in this thread: Re: Thoughts so far by rwakeley25/7/2018 17:14Wed Jul 25 17:14:21 2018
- Thoughts so far by SteveHFC25/7/2018 14:04Wed Jul 25 14:04:11 2018view thread
- Re: Thoughts so far by dw28/7/2018 16:11Sat Jul 28 16:11:42 2018
- Re:- The formation by rwakeley29/7/2018 10:12Sun Jul 29 10:12:18 2018
- Re: Thoughts so far by richhend25/7/2018 18:22Wed Jul 25 18:22:50 2018
- Re: Thoughts so far by rwakeley25/7/2018 17:14Wed Jul 25 17:14:21 2018