Re: More adverse fall-out from the league reallocations
Choo Choo tickets purchased for this Saturday - still feels like the middle of summer. One thing about all this is gnawing away at me. That's my perception of the availability of players and any reluctance to come into this league. I can't grasp if it is a factor or if it is how restrictive it is.
Just read an article from the Dorset Echo. Dorchester gaffer be-moaning he has only 8 signed up and players not wanting to indulge due to 'logistics'. I'm wondering if our recruitment corridor has been geographically gone west - for a better narrative. The player-pool and catchment area has to have altered. If it has, this could be Hendon's biggest hurdle to overcome. Interested to hear the gaffer's thought's on that one.
Off topic, I've been thinking how last season's squad would have coped this time around. I have my own thoughts on that one. The Met's gaffer has recently stated he believes you have to adopt your style to that of the division - I agree with that one. I can't help thinking of our FAT group of death last season - Us, Margate and Sluff. Slough were probably one of the few teams at our level to do better. This time around, I can't help thinking that's the kind of template for this division. Weymouth, look to be strong physically, watching the vids of Slough prior to the cup-tie showed what a great job they had done. The midfield were tenacious and creative. This division may actually be a blessing in disguise.
Next article in this thread: Re: More adverse fall-out from the league reallocations by embee10/7 16:16Tue Jul 10 16:16:24 2018
- More adverse fall-out from the league reallocation… by richhend6/7 16:00Fri Jul 6 16:00:09 2018view thread
- Re: More adverse fall-out from the league realloca… by Morgs10/7 10:31Tue Jul 10 10:31:55 2018
- Re: More adverse fall-out from the league realloca… by embee10/7 11:55Tue Jul 10 11:55:09 2018
- Re: More adverse fall-out from the league realloca… by rwakeley10/7 15:28Tue Jul 10 15:28:32 2018
- Re: More adverse fall-out from the league realloca… by embee10/7 16:16Tue Jul 10 16:16:24 2018