Re: H&R should just move to SJP
I agree - I do think this is an opportunity to consolidate. Pretty sure the gaffer will over time formulate his own style in his own image. I do believe the team needed to change. The characteristics of this division will be different. Mentally and physically strong is my line of thought, and moreover the formation.
I've never liked three up-front. I believe there's gaps in behind, the likes of short-passing triangle sides have caused the most problems - Met Police, showed up pre-season against the likes of Carshalton. The players of that particular type have limited defensive abilities. Right and left backs exposed, the flanks become a problem. It worked fantastically well, but against higher level, more experienced players, your isolated. Can the same formation work? Certainly at this level, but the Play-off final, looked akin to David versus Goliath. Maybe we need to get a bit more 'Wealdstone'. A few seasoned (non-pensionable), campaigners.
Next article in this thread: Re: H&R should just move to SJP by Mike Cox26/6 15:24Tue Jun 26 15:24:22 2018
- H&R should just move to SJP by PF26/6 11:04Tue Jun 26 11:04:50 2018view thread
- Re: H&R should just move to SJP by rwakeley26/6 12:06Tue Jun 26 12:06:37 2018
- Re: H&R should just move to SJP by Mike Cox26/6 15:24Tue Jun 26 15:24:22 2018
- New recruits by rwakeley30/6 16:47Sat Jun 30 16:47:15 2018
- Arthur Lee by embee30/6 20:07Sat Jun 30 20:07:47 2018