Re: CONIFA final
The final was a poor match – 6th game in 9 days for both sets of players – decided by penalties. Saudi Arabian referee Mark Clattenburg kept a tight lid on the game and issued only one caution. The crowd at QEII Stadium, Enfield, was officially estimated as 2,500, easily the biggest to attend a match there since Enfield Town moved in. Karpatalya fans, rather like FC Romania’s ultras up the road at Cheshunt, lit flares behind the goals in “national” colours.
The game may not have lived up to the expectation, but the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant and I had a chat with the Matabeleland players as they had a barcebue in the park outside the stadium after the penalty shoot-out ended. Oh yes, and they were still singing and dancing!!
- CONIFA World Football Cup 2018 by Dessie21/5/2018 11:18Mon May 21 11:18:47 2018view thread
- Football & politics. by Morgs21/5/2018 12:04Mon May 21 12:04:11 2018
- Ex-Hendon in the ranks by rwakeley21/5/2018 13:30Mon May 21 13:30:07 2018
- Re: Ex-Hendon in the ranks by David B22/5/2018 13:42Tue May 22 13:42:30 2018
- Re: Ex-Hendon in the ranks by Dessie3/6/2018 14:26Sun Jun 3 14:26:45 2018
- Re: Ex-Hendon in the ranks by embee3/6/2018 14:30Sun Jun 3 14:30:17 2018
- CONIFA World Football Cup / Ex-Hendon in the ranks by David B4/6/2018 12:53Mon Jun 4 12:53:54 2018
- Lucky Mugabe's been deposed! by Morgs4/6/2018 16:50Mon Jun 4 16:50:54 2018
- CONIFA final by Dessie10/6/2018 14:08Sun Jun 10 14:08:08 2018
- Re: CONIFA final by David B11/6/2018 15:43Mon Jun 11 15:43:45 2018