Re: Gary McCann
Great post Morgs! Talking of candidates, I noted on the twitter-verse some attention being directed to towards ex-stalwart Scott Cousins. Am I reading too much into John Rogers comments above - Who knows?.
I am coming increasingly around to the notion that all this that has happened may actually work out for the better. The time had come for Gary to experience a change of scenery and likewise with ourselves.
I had a drunken post Tooting chat with the fans about our style of play and what was required to get us over the line and more-over stay there. We've never really dented the top flight sides when our paths have crossed. Irrespective of the obvious resource argument, I do maintain our style has restricted us. That may be taken as an insult, it's not meant to be in the slightest. These Southern coastal sides are the ones of whom have had the traditional upper hand. Having to combat their styles on a frequent basis means we have to adjust accordingly.
Having recently moved to SJP, the foundations are in place. The new manager will bring in different ideas and as a project, I really do believe this changes the landscape of our approach.
I have toyed with the notion of the club being in no man's land and going into obscurity. Despite some obvious problems, from a playing perspective this opens the door for a fresh approach in a different landscape, which should we in the future progress, actually look back on as a beneficial predicament. This is an opportunity in the making.
Edited by rwakeley at 08:04:55 on 26th May 2018
Next article in this thread: Re: Gary McCann by Colchester Don27/5/2018 10:38Sun May 27 10:38:38 2018
- Gary McCann by rwakeley24/5/2018 17:54Thu May 24 17:54:12 2018view thread
- Re: Gary McCann by John Rogers24/5/2018 18:03Thu May 24 18:03:21 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by SteveHFC24/5/2018 18:32Thu May 24 18:32:42 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Rainham don25/5/2018 15:28Fri May 25 15:28:06 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Mike Cox25/5/2018 15:46Fri May 25 15:46:52 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by WillesdenGreen25/5/2018 16:56Fri May 25 16:56:40 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by embee25/5/2018 19:08Fri May 25 19:08:23 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Morgs26/5/2018 00:32Sat May 26 00:32:55 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by rwakeley26/5/2018 08:03Sat May 26 08:03:57 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Colchester Don27/5/2018 10:38Sun May 27 10:38:38 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Claremont Man27/5/2018 12:40Sun May 27 12:40:04 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Hendonboy27/5/2018 14:07Sun May 27 14:07:55 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by dw31/5/2018 00:01Thu May 31 00:01:52 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by David B31/5/2018 12:33Thu May 31 12:33:45 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by Morgs1/6/2018 01:21Fri Jun 1 01:21:55 2018
- Re: Gary McCann by dw2/6/2018 00:28Sat Jun 2 00:28:55 2018