Some initial thoughts on next season. The F.A. really have gone to town with only 11 teams out of 24 from last season remaining. All of last season's top 4 have departed which is clearly an incentive.
Weymouth and Poole the obvious standouts. Salisbury could be the next Hereford in the making. Staines, (now without Buchanan up-front) comparable to Slough.
The one thing catching my eye was the 17 point gap between the club in 5th place and the team in 6th. The cap between the play-off contenders and everyone else was huge. The next placed clubs Tiverton and Chesham looked consistently placed around 7th and 8th all season. Everything else, one would presume, is pretty much the same. Interesting to see if a similar disposition transpires.
I would imagine that tells a lot about the overall standard. I have pre-conceived notion of wider pitches and direct runs through midfield. Looking at Bath City last season, a similar footprint to when I saw them previously donkey's years ago in the Gola League. I do believe there is a definable style of play in different divisions.
Following initial despair, from a footballing perspective - it could be enjoyable.
Next article in this thread: Re: Southern Comfort by geemickey16/5 08:48Wed May 16 08:48:31 2018
- Southern Comfort by rwakeley13/5 20:02Sun May 13 20:02:18 2018view thread
- Re: Southern Comfort by geemickey16/5 08:48Wed May 16 08:48:31 2018
- Re: Southern Comfort by rwakeley16/5 13:13Wed May 16 13:13:12 2018
- Re: Southern Comfort by geemickey16/5 14:38Wed May 16 14:38:50 2018
- Re: Southern Comfort by rwakeley16/5 14:58Wed May 16 14:58:45 2018
- Re: Southern Comfort by Hendonboy16/5 15:59Wed May 16 15:59:52 2018
- Re: Southern Comfort by geemickey16/5 15:13Wed May 16 15:13:03 2018
- Re: oyster aways by PF17/5 14:00Thu May 17 14:00:09 2018
- Re: oyster aways by geemickey17/5 15:54Thu May 17 15:54:35 2018
- Re: oyster aways by Hendonboy18/5 09:56Fri May 18 09:56:13 2018
- Re: oyster aways by Hendonboy17/5 15:17Thu May 17 15:17:03 2018