Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: HFCTV Q&A with Gary McCann - Now Cancelled by HendonFC Website Team14/5/2018 16:32Mon May 14 16:32:18 2018view thread

Re: New non-league structure

By John Rogers12/5/2018 09:27Sat May 12 09:27:15 2018In response to Re: New non-league structure

Views: 2601

Re: appealing the decision.

There are a whole host of reasons why I think an appeal would be a fools errand.

Firstly Staines and Harrow have accepted the decision. For us to build a compelling case without the support of these two clubs is nigh on impossible.

If we are to appeal on the basis of increased travelling time and costs then the FA would rightly ask whether we were planning to take our place in the NLS where travelling is of a similar level and also point to Harrow who are less than ten miles down the road and taken the decision on the chin.

I can't imagine any appeal is going to have any chance of success unless we go to the FA with a potential solution that involves an Isthmian club happily swapping with us. Not going to happen.

Perception, as Hendonboy says below counts for a lot. We have built a reputation for being a progressive and gracious club in victory and defeat. Personally, I don't like the message an appeal would send out.

An appeal is likely to be costly. IF there was a good chance of success then fine, it's worth doing. I can't see any chance of success and think we would be better off using that money to better effect to prepare for the season ahead.

We may only be in the Southern League for one season. If, say, Hungerford, Oxford City and Weston Super-Mare get relegated next term from the NLS then we are first on the list to get shunted back East.

I completely understand people's reactions against the move, however many of these challenges that I have seen are ones the the club and fans would have had to have faced in the event of promotion anyway. There is no guarantee that NLS football would have sent our attendances into regular 300 plus territory at SJP. Sure, for some matches of course, but for others probably not.

Let's focus on continuing to engage the youth teams, the girls team, the wider community and organically grow the home following at SJP. Let's focus all our energies on raising as much as we can for the club and give us the best possible chance of keeping Gary on board given the circumstances by giving him the best budget to work with and attract players with for the new season.

We should be looking to make Hendon a place players want to play instead of Kings Langley, instead of Harrow, instead of Walton Casuals, instead of Beaconsfield. That should be achievable at the very least. For me, that means taking this one on the chin and building as competitively as we can for 2018/9.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: New non-league structure by Hendonboy11/5/2018 21:00Fri May 11 21:00:12 2018

Previous thread: And so it begins....... by richhend11/5/2018 21:00Fri May 11 21:00:36 2018view thread