Re: Possibly for the best.
A downbeat end to a fantastic season. Match was even mentioned in today’s Metro sports section. Think of all the positives from 2017–18 and then look at the negatives:
Positives (in no particular order):
• 3rd in the League – our joint 3rd-best performance since sponsorship and three points for a win started in
• Niko Muir 40 goals – only three other players ever achieved that.
• The defeat of Bath – utterly deserved against a competent National League South team.
• The defeat of Barnet – it may only have been a strong squad (seven or eight were on the teamsheet in either
the League game before or after Middx Cup tie) and not the full first XI, but we beat a Football League team.
• That night at Slough.
• That night at Dulwich.
• That night at home to Folkestone.
• That afternoon at home to Billericay.
• Middlesex Senior Cup winners.
• That night at Leatherhead.
• Four players with at least 15 goals.
• Casey Maclaren and Dave Diedhiou reached 350 appearances and 18-year-old Keagan Cole reached 100.
Loss to Dulwich in playoff final.
3 bad cup losses in FA Cup (to Win-Fin), London Senior (Balham) and League Cup (to Corinthian–Casuals).
If we can keep most of our squad together, there is so much to look forward to. We are, in the main, a very young squad and if we can build from here, there is no reason why the promised land won’t be reached in April 2019.
Next article in this thread: Re: Possibly for the best. by rwakeley8/5 16:00Tue May 8 16:00:04 2018
- Congratulations on great season by Mike Cox7/5 17:57Mon May 7 17:57:09 2018view thread
- Re: Congratulations on great season by PF7/5 19:32Mon May 7 19:32:10 2018
- Re: Congratulations on great season by ChrisHFC7/5 23:17Mon May 7 23:17:02 2018
- Re: Congratulations on great season by Mike Cox8/5 17:14Tue May 8 17:14:44 2018
- Possibly for the best. by Morgs7/5 23:35Mon May 7 23:35:14 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by Deadman8/5 08:15Tue May 8 08:15:24 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by John Rogers8/5 12:02Tue May 8 12:02:55 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by David B8/5 12:56Tue May 8 12:56:54 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by rwakeley8/5 16:00Tue May 8 16:00:04 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by Deadman8/5 15:57Tue May 8 15:57:01 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by rwakeley8/5 17:05Tue May 8 17:05:28 2018
- Ye Olde League matter prediction map by WillesdenGreen8/5 19:57Tue May 8 19:57:18 2018
- Where will we be in 2018–19? by David B8/5 17:49Tue May 8 17:49:42 2018