Re: Last Night
On the attendance, I was hopeful for around 600 - delighted with 722. It was very noticable when our players were arriving that they were very focused - and it seemed to me after the game that they knew the job was only half done. Definitely a successful night, on and off the pitch.
Having watched the highlights yesterday evening - the quality of our play in the first half was simply outstanding - one of, if not the best 45 minutes I've seen us play in the 23 years I've been coming regularly. I don't think any of us could quite believe what we'd witnessed when changing ends at half-time.
Great support behind the goal, wonderful to see so many supporting the club - old & new - over the past few months. There's been a growing buzz on matchdays at SJP, and it was marvellous to see the bar so full after the game - haven't seen that for a long time.
Whilst the front four will rightly get the plaudits for Thursday night - I thought Casey and Jake were fantastic in midfield - full of energy and bite, whilst the back four protected Tom superbly. It certainly helped that we went into the game with everyone fit and ready to go.
Must mention the team at SJP who put so much work into ensuring the ground was ready and have done so much to support us throughout the season. Rob, Tom and the gang have done a great job.
Train tickets and entry tickets booked for Monday. Whatever the outcome, this will be a season to remember for all the right reasons. Encourage your friends and family to come if you are able to be there. For those of you unable to be there, whether that be due to distance, health or other reasons - we know that you'll be there in spirit, and your support is just as important as those of us who will be there in person.
- Last Night by John Rogers4/5/2018 08:41Fri May 4 08:41:00 2018view thread
- Re: Last Night by PF4/5/2018 10:18Fri May 4 10:18:49 2018
- Re: Last Night by Hendon594/5/2018 10:49Fri May 4 10:49:38 2018
- Re: Last Night by Adrian Warren4/5/2018 13:30Fri May 4 13:30:42 2018
- Re: Last Night by ChrisHFC4/5/2018 15:22Fri May 4 15:22:27 2018
- Re: Last Night by dw5/5/2018 11:43Sat May 5 11:43:51 2018
- Re: Last Night by Adrian Warren5/5/2018 02:15Sat May 5 02:15:43 2018
- Re: Last Night by Mike Cox4/5/2018 16:12Fri May 4 16:12:56 2018
- Re: Last Night by rwakeley4/5/2018 16:45Fri May 4 16:45:32 2018
- Re: Last Night by StAlbansDon4/5/2018 19:39Fri May 4 19:39:58 2018
- Re: Last Night by SteveHFC5/5/2018 07:52Sat May 5 07:52:25 2018