Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: One last BIG push! by jimsredwhiteandgreen6/5/2018 07:49Sun May 6 07:49:42 2018view thread

Re: Last Night

By SteveHFC5/5/2018 07:52Sat May 5 07:52:25 2018In response to Re: Last Night

Views: 2836

On the attendance, I was hopeful for around 600 - delighted with 722. It was very noticable when our players were arriving that they were very focused - and it seemed to me after the game that they knew the job was only half done. Definitely a successful night, on and off the pitch.

Having watched the highlights yesterday evening - the quality of our play in the first half was simply outstanding - one of, if not the best 45 minutes I've seen us play in the 23 years I've been coming regularly. I don't think any of us could quite believe what we'd witnessed when changing ends at half-time.

Great support behind the goal, wonderful to see so many supporting the club - old & new - over the past few months. There's been a growing buzz on matchdays at SJP, and it was marvellous to see the bar so full after the game - haven't seen that for a long time.

Whilst the front four will rightly get the plaudits for Thursday night - I thought Casey and Jake were fantastic in midfield - full of energy and bite, whilst the back four protected Tom superbly. It certainly helped that we went into the game with everyone fit and ready to go.

Must mention the team at SJP who put so much work into ensuring the ground was ready and have done so much to support us throughout the season. Rob, Tom and the gang have done a great job.

Train tickets and entry tickets booked for Monday. Whatever the outcome, this will be a season to remember for all the right reasons. Encourage your friends and family to come if you are able to be there. For those of you unable to be there, whether that be due to distance, health or other reasons - we know that you'll be there in spirit, and your support is just as important as those of us who will be there in person.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Club History by geemickey2/5/2018 19:36Wed May 2 19:36:28 2018view thread