Re: Last Night
They may have dressed up like Liverpool, but we played like them! That wasn't a football match, that was an execution! In every sense of the word. The belief evident, the intensity. The midfield pair of Casey and Jake snapping away like Rottweilers. We have players on the bench with differing strengths. Big Dave seems stronger.
Expecting a wholesale different encounter Monday. I maintain the significance of home advantage but for me Toots is effectively a 'neutral' venue. The pitch and physical demands an unwelcome added factor for both sides.
We have a multitude of players capable of getting in behind them. We're akin to a coiled spring. Fascinating stuff.
Footnote. I eat on match-days in the same café and have become acquainted with a Wingate fan. Yes, they do exist. Good chap. Take this with a pinch of salt. He told me this morning that they are about to develop their ground. Work apparently starts in June. The financial figure he quoted, was what I would categorize as 'somewhat ambitious'.
If true, North London for me has always provoked memories of bygone days when the area was recognised for behind a hotbed of talent. Good for all parties concerned.
As for last night - another amazing entry in the chronicles of our illustrious history.
This club is truly unique as are the people involved.
Well done - last night was a privilege to behold.
Next article in this thread: Re: Last Night by StAlbansDon4/5/2018 19:39Fri May 4 19:39:58 2018
- Last Night by John Rogers4/5/2018 08:41Fri May 4 08:41:00 2018view thread
- Re: Last Night by PF4/5/2018 10:18Fri May 4 10:18:49 2018
- Re: Last Night by Hendon594/5/2018 10:49Fri May 4 10:49:38 2018
- Re: Last Night by Adrian Warren4/5/2018 13:30Fri May 4 13:30:42 2018
- Re: Last Night by ChrisHFC4/5/2018 15:22Fri May 4 15:22:27 2018
- Re: Last Night by dw5/5/2018 11:43Sat May 5 11:43:51 2018
- Re: Last Night by Adrian Warren5/5/2018 02:15Sat May 5 02:15:43 2018
- Re: Last Night by Mike Cox4/5/2018 16:12Fri May 4 16:12:56 2018
- Re: Last Night by rwakeley4/5/2018 16:45Fri May 4 16:45:32 2018
- Re: Last Night by StAlbansDon4/5/2018 19:39Fri May 4 19:39:58 2018
- Re: Last Night by SteveHFC5/5/2018 07:52Sat May 5 07:52:25 2018