Re: Doing it the hard way
I won't be at all surprised if Gary makes changes for the cup final - we're not going to be weakening the side if we give Sam, Keagan, Corcs, Dan and anyone else some minutes. That, for me, has been one of the plusses this season - we've not got a core XI, we have, when fit and available, probably 17 or 18 players who are all worth a spot in the starting XI.
As for yesterday, I'm writing the red card off as one of those things. One yellow for a mistimed challenge, and one for a moment of aberration when he handled the ball when attacking a corner. The fact it was Casey was unfortunate, but for me its just what can happen in football.
The performance yesterday after Casey left the field was superb - utter determination not to concede and ensure we got at least a point, and as the game went on I felt we were more likely to nick a goal and all three points. A draw was the fair result, but we really made Kingstonian work hard.
I'm not going to tire of saying this, but this group of players simply don't know when they are beaten and the performances continue to be of a maturity way beyond their years.
- Doing it the hard way by Mike Cox14/4 16:01Sat Apr 14 16:01:23 2018view thread
- Re: Doing it the hard way by Mike Cox14/4 17:03Sat Apr 14 17:03:39 2018
- Re: Doing it the hard way by Hendonboy14/4 17:53Sat Apr 14 17:53:08 2018
- Re: Doing it the hard way by rwakeley14/4 23:43Sat Apr 14 23:43:24 2018
- Re: Doing it the hard way by SteveHFC15/4 13:17Sun Apr 15 13:17:50 2018