Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thoughts after Met Police win by SteveHFC31/3/2018 22:00Sat Mar 31 22:00:15 2018view thread

A football family in the making

By jimsredwhiteandgreen29/3/2018 14:18Thu Mar 29 14:18:47 2018

Views: 2452

Saturday?s victory over Billericay was up there with one of the most satisfying games I have seen Hendon play and been part of over the last 27 years or so. I was lucky enough to be at both the Leyton Orient games which is a memory that will never leave me. Also seeing Hendon take the lead at Luton and Aldershot lead to wild celebrations from the Hendon faithful. This season our away support at Wingate and Finchley in the replay of the FA CUP was fantastic, and that sheltered end behind the goal when we equalised after being 2 nil down was electric.

From the moment we arrived on Saturday, it just felt like being part of something special. Those helping to organise the carpark issues (especially helping the Billericay supporters club coach navigate reversing!!). Once entering the ground, the sight of the programme seller, the 50/50 seller, club shop, and refreshments all in the space of 10 seconds makes it feel real.

This season our support in quite a lot of games has been a nervy one and pretty quiet, and the first half on Saturday felt very much the same with tension on the faces of everyone in all 4 sides of the ground. However we re-grouped for the second half and us, the supporters ,joined ?as one? to really rally behind the players and create an atmosphere and we were rewarded with 4 celebrations! Having watched both videos online, the euphoric celebrations from all of us said it all. Hands up in the air, jumping up and down on the spot and beaming with joy, makes you realise how good it is to be part of Hendon FC. It?s nice to see old faces and new coming together and nodding at each other or saying hello as we pass by. It really does have a feeling of being part of one big family. We may not always agree with everything we see on the pitch, but lets continue to make everyone part of our club.

My son has now made friends with quite a few of the younger supporters who come to games regular and for me that?s what it?s all about. Creating supporters for the long distant future. The team and management staff go out of their way to speak to my lad before and after the game, and nowadays in premiership football you would have to book a trip to speak to the players!

Speaking to quite a few on Saturday, supporters travelling from Scotland, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire just to be at the game. As some have already said it was wonderful to see the clubhouse packed after the game. A massive thank you goes out to Rob, Tom and all their team for all their efforts week, in week out. And for our chairman, days like that don?t come round like that every week, but who knows.. it could be something of a ?norm? in time to come.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: YES!!! by Mike Cox24/3/2018 17:15Sat Mar 24 17:15:13 2018view thread