Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Some stiff tests of late by rwakeley11/3/2018 00:05Sun Mar 11 00:05:13 2018view thread

Lowestoft

By rwakeley5/3/2018 17:12Mon Mar 5 17:12:18 2018In response to The Gaffer's Recruitment

Views: 2330

I've been in two minds about as to if I want to face Lowestoft tomorrow night or would wait for further down the road. Traditionally, I don't like back-to-back games against the same sides - and Lowestoft is a damn daunting place. Ironically, as it transpires Leiston have just confirmed the signing of the Lowestoft marksman Reed.
It is utterly depressing that we have 3 clubs in our division in such a predicament. My main thought has been with regard to the preferable time for the fixture. Tomorrow, our first game back, in what may resemble a bog, the conditions, despite another fixture suspension, played later maybe in conditions which better suit our style.
Timing is the key. Weighing up the options, a delay may give us a better shot. Maybe over-thinking on my part.
Our fixture list is busy but the schedule is probably no worse than any rival. A week to prepare mentally and physically for the run-in.
Talking to some Lowestoft fans recently they all seemed in unison at the notion of a return to a midlands based environment come the end of the season - their manager in a recent interview suggested otherwise. Personally, for the record, I don't want the Southern/Western option - I have obvious reasons. They are a decent bunch with one hell of a struggle. I wish them all the very best, but I'm a Green who wants three points!
Thoughts are however, at least in part, with Lowestoft, Thurrock and Dulwich.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: March Madness! by rwakeley25/2/2018 12:32Sun Feb 25 12:32:58 2018view thread