Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: significant win-WELL DONE by lesskinner14/2/2018 16:24Wed Feb 14 16:24:02 2018view thread

Plenty of thoughts

By rwakeley11/2/2018 16:48Sun Feb 11 16:48:17 2018

Views: 2525

Just watched the Tonbridge post-match video from yesterday - highlighting both Staines central defenders out injured. Hendon injuries, one win in six, those factors aside the form guide has been somewhat turned on its head - Dorking unbeaten in 8! Our recent games, Needham, Burgess and presumably Thurrock similar wintry conditions. Grappled with the notion on the way home that these conditions may actually enable lower sides?
Injuries certainly would. Moreover I do wonder if short-passing sides - none more so than Dorking - quite content to pass to the closest player - do generally cause us the most difficulties. Triangles, left-backs encroaching into our half. Clash of styles? Better suited to the conditions?
Not wishing to be remotely critical, I do have the odd gripe with us present. Our delivery on corners the mainstay. Yesterday, I thought it was almost the telling pre-requisite. Those lads at the back trot forward, I can't recall them winning a header. So much great work is going to waste. I want to see us at least cause some consternation. Even Niko struggles to get in on the act. Our biggest threat on corners is arguably Casey and Big Dave. Our corners consistently come up short. Mix it up fine, nothing infuriates fans more than short-corners failing to arrive in the box.
The wide lads, reluctant to type this, but I think they all suffer from a 'Stanislaus Syndrome' constantly trying to bend one in. At least make me eat my own words. I would like them to pass backwards maintaining possession - Murphs, Ollie and swing one in. Overlapping maybe somewhat difficult. Their instinct tells them one thing. I do believe we need to tweek a few things, especially with lads coming back.
Yesterday, for me was a best example of showing a few things up. No bad thing. These lads, especially those mentioned have performed miracles. A joy to behold. They make the impossible look easy - I thought yesterday it was the easier stuff we made look hard.
I can only see these lads, under Gary, getting even better.
A credit to the club the lot of you - keep pushing on.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Talking to myself.... by rwakeley12/2/2018 19:03Mon Feb 12 19:03:35 2018

Previous thread: Burgess Hill 2 Hendon 4 highlights by johnnybaker4/2/2018 08:55Sun Feb 4 08:55:59 2018view thread