Re: Today - ish
There was some distinct pessimism around Saturday evening - God only knows why. I don't know if there's a sense of inevitability or an FA Trophy perception or what. Have we ever beaten a Connie South side in the present format? This is the exact kind of hurdle we have to overcome if we are ever to grow. That's not Great Expectations is why we get out of bed.
Held by Margate, Bath City would be a 'scalp' and it's damn winnable. They would not relish SJP. In fact their replay effectively forms a World Cup group of death scenario. Possible back-to-back with Margate, possibly three consecutive games with them. One of us has progress, Hendon, Slough, Margate or Bath.
A cup mentality is a mainstay component. We can pontificate all we like when we stuff Harrow and very poor Tooting sides, this is an opportunity to show how good we are.
Exceptionally tough at Slough, close them down.
Give it your best lads.
Next article in this thread: Re: Today - ish by John Rogers27/11/2017 14:42Mon Nov 27 14:42:18 2017
- Today - ish by rwakeley26/11/2017 00:26Sun Nov 26 00:26:39 2017view thread
- Re: Today - ish by rwakeley27/11/2017 13:31Mon Nov 27 13:31:45 2017
- Re: Today - ish by John Rogers27/11/2017 14:42Mon Nov 27 14:42:18 2017
- Re: Today - ish by David B27/11/2017 15:20Mon Nov 27 15:20:51 2017
- Re: Today - ish by Mike Cox27/11/2017 16:43Mon Nov 27 16:43:01 2017