It was a really tough one to take tonight having performed so well for 75/80 minutes. If the penalty hadn't been awarded I think we'd have won the game as I really couldn't see Dulwich scoring up until that point. Unfortunately, having conceded the penalty, we were unable to keep possession in that final 10/15 minutes and see the game out. Credit to Dulwich for the relentless way in which they attacked us in that time.
A pulsating match with both sides committed to trying to play football. First half was simply outstanding - the sloppy goal concession apart - as we threatened to cut them to shreds going forward. Dave's diving header was magnificent, as was Zak's cross to set it up.
Having slept on it, though, having come away with three points from a late-late winner at Champion Hill perhaps there's some sort of evidence of the world realigning itself last night. We more than matched the best footballing side in the league last night and when the dust settles, four points from the two games against them is a fine return.
A really good atmosphere between the two sets of fans as well, they were genuinely thankful for the solidarity and contribution from our club to theirs. I thought it was a classy touch at the end when they were chanting 'We love you Hendon'.
Next article in this thread: Re: Tonight by SteveHFC22/11/2017 10:09Wed Nov 22 10:09:49 2017
- Tonight by dw22/11/2017 00:13Wed Nov 22 00:13:27 2017view thread
- Re: Tonight by John Rogers22/11/2017 09:23Wed Nov 22 09:23:33 2017
- Re: Tonight by SteveHFC22/11/2017 10:09Wed Nov 22 10:09:49 2017
- Re: Tonight-ish by rwakeley22/11/2017 17:32Wed Nov 22 17:32:39 2017
- Re: Tonight-ish by dw22/11/2017 23:31Wed Nov 22 23:31:52 2017
- Re: Tonight-ish by Rainham don22/11/2017 23:46Wed Nov 22 23:46:34 2017