Re: Hendon v Kings Langley
Personally, I want a home draw. No Southern Trains. Journey's this season have been excruciating. I think it's time we all showed the FA Trophy a tad more respect. Some fans, I know for a fact perceive the competition as a fall-back provision. In the pecking order it's lower ranked than the local cups. The prospect of facing another Bostick side diminishes it's lustre. I like the competition. Playing Connie South sides and above is for me breaks up the monotony. A trip up North, beyond Northants is not a terrifying proposition. Different characteristcs.
Next season, for most sides, there could be a perceived lack of midweek games. Wealdstone have played just 2 midweek games to date. Some fans I spoke to openly admitted to questioning whether to turn up. The competition, it's perception, or the opposition casting doubts. The obvious downside is the fixture backlog. 2 away games, possibly Lowestoft to be added. I like the notion of games midweek. The league cup tie in Kent for me is the bigger pain. Personally, I would opt out of that if at all possible.
I remember years ago Dowson, be-moaning he had learnt nothing from a visit to Vale Farm. Personally, I want games, even early doors in the FA Cup that stay in the mind. Win or lose. Dismissing the financial side of things - sitting here, I can't remember a damn thing from yesterday. That Wingate FA Cup tie was exhilarating. The Trophy offers us that chance again. I think we should mentally embrace it. That Whitstable defeat still rankles.
I do think we are in a bit of a strange place at present. Not being fully tested is a tad uncomfortable - hope it doesn't lead to complacency. Playing hard matches galvanizes good sides.
Next article in this thread: FA Trophy impact by rwakeley29/10 23:30Sun Oct 29 23:30:39 2017
- Hendon v Kings Langley by johnnybaker29/10 18:08Sun Oct 29 18:08:46 2017view thread
- Re: Hendon v Kings Langley by SteveHFC29/10 18:24Sun Oct 29 18:24:30 2017
- Re: Hendon v Kings Langley by rwakeley29/10 19:45Sun Oct 29 19:45:57 2017
- FA Trophy impact by rwakeley29/10 23:30Sun Oct 29 23:30:39 2017
- Burgess Hill by rwakeley30/10 13:33Mon Oct 30 13:33:27 2017
- Re: Burgess Hill by SteveHFC30/10 18:12Mon Oct 30 18:12:22 2017
- Re: Burgess Hill - Underlying aquese by rwakeley12/11 01:27Sun Nov 12 01:27:10 2017
- Re: Burgess Hill - Underlying aquese by David B12/11 13:42Sun Nov 12 13:42:31 2017
- Re: Burgess Hill by johnnybaker13/11 09:41Mon Nov 13 09:41:46 2017
- Shock news from the FA – Hendon have a home draw by David B13/11 12:39Mon Nov 13 12:39:15 2017
- Re: Shock news from the FA – Hendon have a home dr… by rwakeley13/11 13:04Mon Nov 13 13:04:20 2017