Re: My final Liverpool reference - for now
I spent Sunday watching YouTube vids of Liverpool all the goal compilations from 76-78-ish. It should be made compulsory viewing. It's good to reminisce. The movement, the goals......out of the ordinary, run of the mill stuff.
I know it sounds daft, the goals we are getting recently triggers those thoughts. They do look remarkably similar. The goals at Billers were identical to goals scored by Fairclough and Highway. We had 2 sublime crosses in the box Saturday, from which we scored the header - there's your Toshack. I look at the Jake and he's the closest thing I've seen to a fledgling Phil Neal, (yes I am aware he's on the other flank). If only he could take penalties!
Liverpool were clearly wholesale more direct in midfield. I look towards Saturday and just think Cole could have a field-day picking out passes. He could run the show by himself. With Matt and Casey we could already have at our disposal key transformational components. The progress this season rather than evolutionary has been revolutionary.
What I admire most about this Hendon side, is what I believe we can become. That early Liverpool side became the template for a succession, a dynasty. I believe there's an amazing amount of improvement that can come. That's the real positive.
No wonder why the Gaffer's smiling in the photo's. I presume that's the manager of the month award? Regardless - it says it all - And this is just the start.
P.S. I forgot to mention that Pool side of '78 only let in four goals at Anfield in the league - that says it all.
Edited by rwakeley at 13:12:07 on 17th October 2017
Next article in this thread: Re: My final Liverpool reference - for now by David B17/10/2017 16:24Tue Oct 17 16:24:45 2017
- Gary McCann by rwakeley15/10/2017 01:46Sun Oct 15 01:46:36 2017view thread
- Re: Gary McCann by dw15/10/2017 21:08Sun Oct 15 21:08:23 2017
- Re: Gary McCann by richhend16/10/2017 20:43Mon Oct 16 20:43:32 2017
- Top gaffer by Dorset Don15/10/2017 11:33Sun Oct 15 11:33:53 2017
- Re: My final Liverpool reference - for now by rwakeley17/10/2017 13:09Tue Oct 17 13:09:03 2017
- Re: My final Liverpool reference - for now by David B17/10/2017 16:24Tue Oct 17 16:24:45 2017