I don't feel comfortable writing what maybe conceived as critical thoughts on a day when we've contributed so much, but I do feel it's the right thing to do. Slight umbrage we deserved something. Goal on half-time telling.
As for Billers, for me a typical demonstration, somewhat a disappointment in that regard. Three pronged strike-force on the day the difference. If the owner thinks that's a justified return on a perceived twenty grand a week wage bill he's delusional.
I thought going in, Enfield and today would give an accurate portrayal of where we are. Feedback and today would objectively reveal, when pushed, a slight lateral movement complex.
One clear problem. Our set-pieces. As wonderful as Billericay were, for all their resource. We are coming up short. Our lack of height is no excuse for continually wasting corners, failing to test the opposition to the degree where it's counter-productive for being hit on the break. I genuinely feel for Gary and the coaching staff. A
remedy is perplexing. We fail far to often even to get the ball into the box.
As for today, Tom and Keagan were telling. We are clearly genuine play-off contenders. This batch of games against the tried and tested are revealing. If the take-away is where we need to improve. That's a positive.
I personally believe, maybe away from home we need to better occupy opposition centre-halves. Going gung-ho, maybe not a great narrative, is none-the-less difficult to maintain.
Special mention for Jake, two major assists in the construction of goals of late. Telling contribution.
Very proud of the management and the players today - evident from everybody. We need to get an unbeaten run going. Great set of lads.
Next article in this thread: Re: Billericay by jimsredwhiteandgreen8/10/2017 08:50Sun Oct 8 08:50:00 2017
- Billericay by rwakeley8/10/2017 02:37Sun Oct 8 02:37:02 2017view thread
- Re: Billericay by jimsredwhiteandgreen8/10/2017 08:50Sun Oct 8 08:50:00 2017
- Billericay by johnnybaker8/10/2017 16:07Sun Oct 8 16:07:21 2017
- Billericay highlights by johnnybaker9/10/2017 15:52Mon Oct 9 15:52:56 2017
- Re: Billericay highlights by David B9/10/2017 16:21Mon Oct 9 16:21:21 2017
- Re: Billericay highlights by BryanR9/10/2017 18:22Mon Oct 9 18:22:39 2017
- Re: Billericay full match highlights by johnnybaker11/10/2017 22:05Wed Oct 11 22:05:14 2017
- Re: Billericay full match highlights by Mike Cox12/10/2017 19:39Thu Oct 12 19:39:56 2017
- Re: Billericay full match highlights by Colchester Don13/10/2017 08:04Fri Oct 13 08:04:39 2017
- Re: Billericay full match highlights by WillesdenGreen13/10/2017 10:09Fri Oct 13 10:09:37 2017