Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Gary McCann by rwakeley15/10/2017 01:46Sun Oct 15 01:46:36 2017view thread

Billericay

By rwakeley8/10/2017 02:37Sun Oct 8 02:37:02 2017

Views: 2746

I don't feel comfortable writing what maybe conceived as critical thoughts on a day when we've contributed so much, but I do feel it's the right thing to do. Slight umbrage we deserved something. Goal on half-time telling.
As for Billers, for me a typical demonstration, somewhat a disappointment in that regard. Three pronged strike-force on the day the difference. If the owner thinks that's a justified return on a perceived twenty grand a week wage bill he's delusional.
I thought going in, Enfield and today would give an accurate portrayal of where we are. Feedback and today would objectively reveal, when pushed, a slight lateral movement complex.
One clear problem. Our set-pieces. As wonderful as Billericay were, for all their resource. We are coming up short. Our lack of height is no excuse for continually wasting corners, failing to test the opposition to the degree where it's counter-productive for being hit on the break. I genuinely feel for Gary and the coaching staff. A
remedy is perplexing. We fail far to often even to get the ball into the box.
As for today, Tom and Keagan were telling. We are clearly genuine play-off contenders. This batch of games against the tried and tested are revealing. If the take-away is where we need to improve. That's a positive.
I personally believe, maybe away from home we need to better occupy opposition centre-halves. Going gung-ho, maybe not a great narrative, is none-the-less difficult to maintain.
Special mention for Jake, two major assists in the construction of goals of late. Telling contribution.
Very proud of the management and the players today - evident from everybody. We need to get an unbeaten run going. Great set of lads.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Billericay by jimsredwhiteandgreen8/10/2017 08:50Sun Oct 8 08:50:00 2017

Previous thread: Brightlingsea & Kingstonian played against each other last night by WillesdenGreen11/10/2017 13:05Wed Oct 11 13:05:50 2017view thread