Re: Last Night
I thought it was one of those regimented type affairs with rigid banks playing some ping-pong. Overall, I thought the game was characterized by the Eggleton. I like the lad a lot. Interesting how they targeted him early. Interesting to see when he decided to go on the over-lap and how he was left some-what exposed. Big Dave stepped in on several occasions to cover in the way Casey would. Big Dave back to his best of two years ago.
What a servant that lad has been. There were times when Jake could have moved but we lack a Casey type pass to square pass. Matt's role seems to differentiate in this functionality. Consequently, I would not say we won the midfield battle and the fluency is slightly out of skelter.
The real positive is that as demonstrated on Saturday at the start of the second half we can light the touch paper for a 15 minute spell and the opposition just stand there wondering what the hell has just hit them.
Niko's first, I thought had a deflection, it appeared to deviate. The twitter footage suggests not. Majestic.
The team spirit looks great, everyone's up for the next instalment. These lads are playing some exceptional stuff. The defence, still yet to concede at home in the league, keeping us alive, until we ignite. I wouldn't say it's arrogance, that maybe not be correct narrative, but the desire and the belief is apparent.
Keep going - very well done.
Next article in this thread: Re: Last Night by dw27/9 19:51Wed Sep 27 19:51:14 2017
- Last Night by John Rogers27/9 08:00Wed Sep 27 08:00:31 2017view thread
- Re: Last Night by Claremont Man27/9 13:18Wed Sep 27 13:18:48 2017
- Re: Last Night by johnnybaker27/9 13:15Wed Sep 27 13:15:07 2017
- Re: Last Night by rwakeley27/9 16:59Wed Sep 27 16:59:39 2017
- Re: Last Night by dw27/9 19:51Wed Sep 27 19:51:14 2017
- Re: Last Night by richhend27/9 17:20Wed Sep 27 17:20:53 2017