This set of players has plenty of character doesn't it? Each time they've been defeated, they've bounced back strongly with a stonking result next time around.
I thought we were second best for the first half an hour last night, Jake Eggleton had a bit of trouble getting to grips with Max Worsfold, but as the game wore on then largely marked him out of proceedings and although not quite on it early on, we defended well and restricted Staines to partial openings in front of goal. The settled back-four is reaping dividends.
Of course, the plaudits will rightly go once again to Niko, who was outstanding both in front of goal and with his hold-up and link-up play. He is clearly full of confidence and the way he took his first goal epitomised that. The ball to Zak for his goal was measured to perfection as well.
However, top man for me was Michael Corocoran at the heart of the midfield, he was outstanding in front of the back 4, breaking up Staines attacks with interceptions, headers and well-judged challenges as well as using the ball calmly and intelligently. In the coming weeks with Casey looking as though he'll be out fairly long-term, his partnership with big Dave, who was equally impressive, will be vital to us doing well.
Lots of pace, trickery and threat going forward as the game progressed, Daniel Uchechi nearing fitness again. I can't recall the last time the manager had so many genuine options in the final third. It's a real tonic to watch after the struggles of the last two seasons. Well done, all.
Next article in this thread: Re: Last Night by Claremont Man27/9/2017 13:18Wed Sep 27 13:18:48 2017
- Last Night by John Rogers27/9/2017 08:00Wed Sep 27 08:00:31 2017view thread
- Re: Last Night by Claremont Man27/9/2017 13:18Wed Sep 27 13:18:48 2017
- Re: Last Night by johnnybaker27/9/2017 13:15Wed Sep 27 13:15:07 2017
- Re: Last Night by rwakeley27/9/2017 16:59Wed Sep 27 16:59:39 2017
- Re: Last Night by dw27/9/2017 19:51Wed Sep 27 19:51:14 2017
- Re: Last Night by richhend27/9/2017 17:20Wed Sep 27 17:20:53 2017