Paying the penalty
Whilst still humming Swan Lake, on the way home, (Madness Dance Craze version), it gave rise to some thoughts. Time for some more statistical drivel.
In our division to date 12 pens have been converted upto the final ten minutes. Surprisingly, 7 out of those 12, a high percentage have all been awarded around the 60-70 minute mark. Just has surprisingly, half of those successful have resulted in the opposition scoring within the following ten minutes.
It does suggest heightened activity condensed into this time-frame. This of course coincides with the plethora of substitutions that usually take place around these events. Something for the managers to chew on.
Merstham have conceded three times within ten minutes of scoring in this ten minute period.
Penalties scored outside of this short period have a far less conclusive impact.
Maybe changes made have an equal detrimental outcome on the desired effect for half the teams to concede so quickly may suggest something - or maybe it's just some more drivel!
- Anfield-itis by rwakeley24/9/2017 01:17Sun Sep 24 01:17:48 2017view thread
- Re: Anfield-itis by SteveHFC24/9/2017 09:42Sun Sep 24 09:42:05 2017
- Re: Anfield-itis by rwakeley24/9/2017 10:37Sun Sep 24 10:37:54 2017
- Re: Anfield-itis by John Rogers24/9/2017 18:04Sun Sep 24 18:04:51 2017
- Paying the penalty by rwakeley25/9/2017 15:29Mon Sep 25 15:29:05 2017