And that's why we bother
There's a certain inevitability about a winner at the death from a visiting side who have been under the pump most of the match. The away fans can sniff it, home fans know it's coming. It seems the only ones who haven't read the script are the home defenders.
How stunningly beautiful it is when it is your team that scores it.
Most of you boys and girls have decades under your belts watching Hendon, but surely that performance is right up there? One of those nights that those among the relatively low turn out of away fans will regale friends with the words "I was there".
All fourteen who pulled on the shirt were warriors; allied by the brilliant nous of Gary and the team who got it bang on; especially with pushing Big Dave into midfield after half time. If there's a better keeper than Tom Lovelock at this level, then I'd be astonished.
Just a pity we aren't travelling to Hemel on Saturday, but the break will do one or two good. I was knackered just treading the terracing. I hope none of our lads had an early shift this morning.
Always a good experience at Dulwich. Hamlet played some lovely quick passing football. They'd have put many other teams in our division away for 4 or 5 last night.
Credit to them as a club for utilising the gentrification of the area, introducing expensive food with posh billing along with craft beers. They've made it a trendy place to be. Young professionals pay daft money for the latest trends. The football is merely a sideshow to many of them. £6 for a burger? I paid that to watch two matches in the Vase over the weekend.
Trying to think of ideas how we can attract a new generation to SJP; especially in the 20 to 40 year bracket. This team deserve support in numbers. The football club deserves any finances that extra crowds would provide; as do those at SJP for their support. Perhaps writing to local businesses offering a group ticket for midweek games after work?
Just about a perfect evening for me with Scarborough also winning; 5-2 away from home. I needed it after watching Yorkshire's bowlers running through treacle and being dispatched to all parts at The Oval for a couple of hours.
Oh for more evening's like last night.
Edited by Scarborough_Rob at 12:48:33 on 13th September 2017
Next article in this thread: Re: And that's why we bother by Claremont Man13/9/2017 13:38Wed Sep 13 13:38:27 2017
- I've just broke the sound barrier! by rwakeley12/9/2017 21:56Tue Sep 12 21:56:47 2017view thread
- Re: I've just broke the sound barrier! by Colchester Don13/9/2017 08:13Wed Sep 13 08:13:14 2017
- Re: I've just broke the sound barrier! by SteveHFC13/9/2017 08:59Wed Sep 13 08:59:41 2017
- And that's why we bother by Scarborough_Rob13/9/2017 12:47Wed Sep 13 12:47:58 2017
- Re: And that's why we bother by Claremont Man13/9/2017 13:38Wed Sep 13 13:38:27 2017
- And don’t leave away games early by David B13/9/2017 14:50Wed Sep 13 14:50:59 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by richhend15/9/2017 16:20Fri Sep 15 16:20:37 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by Simon15/9/2017 21:03Fri Sep 15 21:03:31 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by David B15/9/2017 22:35Fri Sep 15 22:35:26 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by John Rogers16/9/2017 00:06Sat Sep 16 00:06:15 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by Mike Cox16/9/2017 16:49Sat Sep 16 16:49:42 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by John Rogers14/9/2017 10:10Thu Sep 14 10:10:37 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by John Rogers14/9/2017 15:43Thu Sep 14 15:43:53 2017