Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Cheap Train Travel to Folkestone! by jimsredwhiteandgreen20/9/2017 22:27Wed Sep 20 22:27:58 2017view thread

And that's why we bother

By Scarborough_Rob13/9/2017 12:47Wed Sep 13 12:47:58 2017In response to Re: I've just broke the sound barrier!

Views: 3104

There's a certain inevitability about a winner at the death from a visiting side who have been under the pump most of the match. The away fans can sniff it, home fans know it's coming. It seems the only ones who haven't read the script are the home defenders.

How stunningly beautiful it is when it is your team that scores it.

Most of you boys and girls have decades under your belts watching Hendon, but surely that performance is right up there? One of those nights that those among the relatively low turn out of away fans will regale friends with the words "I was there".

All fourteen who pulled on the shirt were warriors; allied by the brilliant nous of Gary and the team who got it bang on; especially with pushing Big Dave into midfield after half time. If there's a better keeper than Tom Lovelock at this level, then I'd be astonished.

Just a pity we aren't travelling to Hemel on Saturday, but the break will do one or two good. I was knackered just treading the terracing. I hope none of our lads had an early shift this morning.

Always a good experience at Dulwich. Hamlet played some lovely quick passing football. They'd have put many other teams in our division away for 4 or 5 last night.

Credit to them as a club for utilising the gentrification of the area, introducing expensive food with posh billing along with craft beers. They've made it a trendy place to be. Young professionals pay daft money for the latest trends. The football is merely a sideshow to many of them. £6 for a burger? I paid that to watch two matches in the Vase over the weekend.

Trying to think of ideas how we can attract a new generation to SJP; especially in the 20 to 40 year bracket. This team deserve support in numbers. The football club deserves any finances that extra crowds would provide; as do those at SJP for their support. Perhaps writing to local businesses offering a group ticket for midweek games after work?

Just about a perfect evening for me with Scarborough also winning; 5-2 away from home. I needed it after watching Yorkshire's bowlers running through treacle and being dispatched to all parts at The Oval for a couple of hours.

Oh for more evening's like last night.

Edited by Scarborough_Rob at 12:48:33 on 13th September 2017

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: And that's why we bother by Claremont Man13/9/2017 13:38Wed Sep 13 13:38:27 2017

Previous thread: Two awards by David B11/9/2017 15:14Mon Sep 11 15:14:56 2017view thread