I think that was a very useful exercise
Why we allowed them to replicate their dominance in the middle of the park is something of a quandary. I'm not quite sure what that eludes too.
I felt for Keagan, he looked like the little Dutch boy trying to stem the water bursting through the dam. He had, nothing in the way of help. Matt Ball was strangely absent again and Casey has yet to get going. Defensively, the midfield struggled. Whether that is tactically based, or other factors, is one for the management. Either way, the progress to date has been astonishing and we have all had an insight as to what maybe possible. I wouldn't let an FA Cup defeat, by a very efficient opposition diminish our own capabilities. How we set-up to counter-act attacks and influence our own credentials in the middle of the park is something which has been flagged up. My sentiments on the free-kick would get me banned! We failed to close down again on the edge of our box which is un-characteristic. They had us rattled. McCall's performance again highlighting our difficulty in containing them.
Mentally and physically, I don't think we've generally looked better. Murph's energy levels are approaching the danger level. I maintain we are in a good place. Some understandable work to be done. Once up and fully running I expect us to be up there - probably with Wingate - come the end of April.
It's early days.
Next article in this thread: Re: I think that was a very useful exercise by dw7/9 00:33Thu Sep 7 00:33:50 2017
- FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by PF2/9 19:54Sat Sep 2 19:54:07 2017view thread
- Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by SteveHFC2/9 21:03Sat Sep 2 21:03:26 2017
- Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by dw2/9 23:41Sat Sep 2 23:41:12 2017
- Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley3/9 00:46Sun Sep 3 00:46:54 2017
- Re: Replay by PF5/9 15:43Tue Sep 5 15:43:32 2017
- Re: 2 zip at the mo by PF5/9 20:39Tue Sep 5 20:39:10 2017
- Re: 2 zip at the mo by SteveHFC5/9 23:41Tue Sep 5 23:41:04 2017
- Re: 2 zip at the mo by PF6/9 10:41Wed Sep 6 10:41:24 2017
- Gutted but proud by jimsredwhiteandgreen6/9 13:46Wed Sep 6 13:46:06 2017
- Re: Gutted but proud by Mike Cox6/9 16:56Wed Sep 6 16:56:04 2017
- Re: Gutted but proud by Hendonboy6/9 16:56Wed Sep 6 16:56:01 2017
- I think that was a very useful exercise by rwakeley6/9 18:22Wed Sep 6 18:22:45 2017
- Re: I think that was a very useful exercise by dw7/9 00:33Thu Sep 7 00:33:50 2017