Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley
Admiration to both sides. Wingate right-back sublime. McCall bossed the middle - take note. Matt Ball hardly a look in. Some SWOT analysis required. What has proved so efficient we lacked to implement giving them the initiative.
Free-kicks, really, past history - then through-out the first 45 - get a grip - closing down shortfall. Closing down. Basics. The lad at centre-half coming on strong. He does climb with an elbow for leverage. Some Refs will take umbrage and penalise.
Keep our width and pace. We lost the midfield battle today and survived. We relied on Lee's distribution - long-ball, it's misguided. We lost some focus when the initiative was lost. That's a get of jail card. Focus on our strengths. Today was a learning curve for the lads.
The onus is on us.
Next article in this thread: Re: Replay by PF5/9 15:43Tue Sep 5 15:43:32 2017
- FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by PF2/9 19:54Sat Sep 2 19:54:07 2017view thread
- Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by SteveHFC2/9 21:03Sat Sep 2 21:03:26 2017
- Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by dw2/9 23:41Sat Sep 2 23:41:12 2017
- Re: FA Cup - Wingate & Finchley by rwakeley3/9 00:46Sun Sep 3 00:46:54 2017
- Re: Replay by PF5/9 15:43Tue Sep 5 15:43:32 2017
- Re: 2 zip at the mo by PF5/9 20:39Tue Sep 5 20:39:10 2017
- Re: 2 zip at the mo by SteveHFC5/9 23:41Tue Sep 5 23:41:04 2017
- Re: 2 zip at the mo by PF6/9 10:41Wed Sep 6 10:41:24 2017
- Gutted but proud by jimsredwhiteandgreen6/9 13:46Wed Sep 6 13:46:06 2017
- Re: Gutted but proud by Mike Cox6/9 16:56Wed Sep 6 16:56:04 2017
- Re: Gutted but proud by Hendonboy6/9 16:56Wed Sep 6 16:56:01 2017
- I think that was a very useful exercise by rwakeley6/9 18:22Wed Sep 6 18:22:45 2017
- Re: I think that was a very useful exercise by dw7/9 00:33Thu Sep 7 00:33:50 2017