I was buzzing all morning (and during the week) and drove calmly to the game. Speaking to fellow fans the mood was calm and optimistic. There was a good crowd. I haven't seen what the official figure was. The sun was shining. It all felt good.
The delay could not be helped. We made light of it but the nerves were kicking in. By kick off the tension was palpable. We knew how the games around us were going. We went one nil down but kept battling. Other scores were changing and approaching our half time we looked safe. Then Burgess Hill banged in a goal. We were 4th from bottom. The tension ramped up.
As we changed ends I could not stand still. I was pacing up and down. Then that wonderful Hendon player Casey caused me to jump up and down screaming like a little girl. We were level. Some lads in the stand behind us kept singing. For the rest of the game Hendon gave their all. The final whistle allowed a community to unclench and a huge sigh of relief.
What an afternoon. Seeing old friends. Making new ones. Our beloved Hendon fighting tooth and nail. Hendon staying up. Adrenaline coursing through me. The excitement. The pain. The anguish. I would not have it any other way.
P.S. Would like to say am very sorry to see Harrow relegated. They helped us when we needed it. Sincerely hope they get back where they belong next season.
See you all next season.
Next article in this thread: Re: Today! by Earlsmead part-timer23/4/2017 15:33Sun Apr 23 15:33:36 2017
- Today! by dw22/4/2017 23:47Sat Apr 22 23:47:31 2017view thread
- Re: Today! by PF23/4/2017 07:41Sun Apr 23 07:41:40 2017
- Re: Today! by ChrisHFC23/4/2017 12:45Sun Apr 23 12:45:03 2017
- Re: Today! by PF23/4/2017 11:18Sun Apr 23 11:18:13 2017
- Re: Today! by SteveHFC23/4/2017 12:12Sun Apr 23 12:12:16 2017
- Re: Today! by richhend23/4/2017 13:05Sun Apr 23 13:05:57 2017
- Re: Today! by HendonJohn23/4/2017 15:27Sun Apr 23 15:27:04 2017
- Re: Today! by Earlsmead part-timer23/4/2017 15:33Sun Apr 23 15:33:36 2017